Production Props Associate
Dhar Mann Studios Burbank, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT DHAR MANN STUDIOS:
Dhar Mann Studios is a video production company aimed at creating positive content for the social media generation. These short, motivational videos focused on life, business, and relationships receive over 1 Billion views monthly and have garnered over 21 Billion views on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. The team is led by Dhar Mann, a mission-driven entrepreneur with a global audience of over 51 Million social media followers and one of the highest viewed content creators in the world today. These compelling stories depict real life situations shown by actors that teach important life lessons, inspired by Dhar Mann's personal experience of success and failure. The company is driven by one founding principle: We’re not just telling stories, we’re changing lives.
We are looking for a highly creative and dedicated Props Associate to join our growing team of talented professionals. This individual will be key to bringing the storytelling process to life with the creation of authentic props. The ideal person is extremely detailed when breaking down scripts, possesses creative on the spot problem solving skills, is accustomed to working within budgets, and meeting tight deadlines without losing the quality of work. In addition, this individual will be able to use their strong creativity, design judgement, and resourcefulness to create multiple props while achieving the desired message, story, or mood. Ultimately, ensuring that accuracy, brand consistency, and quality are maintained throughout all scenes for multiple scripts. Additional responsibilities include making sure all props needed are on set and ensuring productions run smoothly by providing clear communication. We create videos based on realistic scenarios so props must be relatable and believable.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Working closely with our Senior Pre-Production Managers, Screenwriters, Set Decorators, and Directors to discuss what props will be needed by thoroughly breaking down scripts
- Coming up with unique and creative designs for original props, maintaining the upkeep of each prop, and completing repairs as necessary
- Designing digital props such as resumes, menus, newspapers, flyers, etc.
- Sourcing props as needed while conforming to production budgets
- Setting up and decorating multiple sets while working alongside the Set Decorator
- Keeping a clear and thorough guide pertaining to all props for each shoot, ensuring production crews are informed and aware of what is needed on set
- Supervising all prop use ensuring props aren’t broken, they are being handled safely, and are holding up during takes
- Coming up with creative and resourceful solutions on the spot when issues arise pertaining to props
- Maintaining clear communication with all necessary departments and team members
- Keeping safety first in mind, ensuring hazardous materials are never exposed to the crew or talent
- Ensuring the storage and workplace for all props is tidy and neat
- Creating inventory logs of all props while maintaining meticulous organization using appropriate platforms (Skype, Monday.com, Google Drive)
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A minimum of 2+ years working within the film industry as a Props Associate or a similar role
- Advanced Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and quickly under pressure
- Ability to multitask while working on many moving pieces in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and time management skills
- Flexible work schedule that may include nights and weekends
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Props Associate will report directly to the Pre-Production Senior Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Props Associate has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
The typical work schedule is 40+ hours a week, specific times will be discussed during the interview
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- We've kept our hiring bar really high - you will work with the best
- Our content is growing quickly, so you'll get the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and grow a ton personally!
- Loads of perks including tons of snacks, catered lunches, and a friendly working environment
- Get to know Dhar Mann Studios: https://www.dharmann.com/career
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
All of Dhar Mann Studios' new hires will begin at the associate level, regardless of what position was applied for. This approach doesn’t affect any aspect of pay: you will still get compensated during your Discovery Period according to the position you are applying for and within the rate listed for this position. Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set. Management-level roles will be part of a different Discovery Period for each step of the ladder (but again this does not affect your pay or compensation package).
This information is not for use by any unauthorized person/ site and is only to be posted by brand affiliates
Dhar Mann Studios
ManufacturingView all jobs at Dhar Mann Studios