Senior Program Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sr. Program Analyst – supports the CBP Payroll Branch by assisting with higher-level functions, specialized processing, training staff, and performing as the subject matter expert on CBP’s timekeeping system. The ideal candidate will have experience in web-based financial payment and webTA timekeeping systems and have a customer service mindset. Experience on a payroll team is desirable. This position is responsible for the selection and application of CBP established procedures and techniques and for the protection of sensitive financial information.
- Analysis and review of specialized processing task(s) including but not limited to assisting in developing and updating timekeeping systems and related policies, and procedures; full ownership of assigned processing and responsibility for completion; delegating tasks as needed to ensure completion
- Submit DHS transfer forms to USDA
- Approve ICAM requests and update employee profiles
- Remove access for separated employees
- Report system issues to DHS
- Troubleshoot validation errors for the field
- Provide Job Aid links for new timekeepers/supervisors
- Update Payroll Helpdesk with any WebTA changes or new findings
- Troubleshoot access issues and coordinate with ICAM team when necessary
- Act as SME by providing guidance and assistance to the primary customer support team as needed to address lower-level timekeeping issues and inquiries, and directly reviewing and responding to higher level timekeeping issues and inquiries
- Perform specialized analysis and review of timekeeping reports as requested
- Proactively identify and initiate resolution of issues
- Conduct beta testing for new systems, databases, software, and/or processes
- Maintain knowledge database, SOPs, training materials, and related procedural manuals/guidelines
- Coordinate effectively with peers and management on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field of study with a minimum of 5 years of work experience performing similar work.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience and proficient in developing and maintaining Access databases.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience and proficient in developing preparing Excel spreadsheets at an advanced level.
- Be proficient in communicating analysis and recommendations orally and in writing to management and other non-technical individuals.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of and/or experience with accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply federal payroll regulations
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to perform complex problem resolution
- Ability to provide excellent customer support
Dextera Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.
BusinessView all jobs at Dextera Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?