The Accounting Specialist will support the CBP Office of Finance by performing financial management functions and provide accounting services to other Federal Government entities/Trading Partners. And other technical accounting duties. This position is responsible for the selection and application of CBP established procedures and techniques and for the protection of sensitive financial information.
- Implement G-Invoicing
- FPAs must submit quarterly implementation status updates and provide updated plans
- Utilize spreadsheets and financial programs to enter payments and other adjustments while ensuring policies and regulations are adhered accurately and efficiently
- Prepare and manage waiver payments impacted by applicable pay caps while maintaining additional pay guidelines and regulations are met
- Establishment of General Terms and Conditions (Fiscal Service (FS)) and Orders (FS Forms)
- Establishment of Purchase Orders within CBP financial system, Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP)
- Assist in workflow management and G-Invoicing implementation providing professional accounting advice and guidance, accounting data interpretations, and related financial systems problem resolutions.
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, decisions, and rulings to accounting policies and procedures to ensure conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and documenting account information and reducing recurring errors
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
- A minimum of six months experience in auditing or a similar function
- Common uses in Excel: Sumifs, Vlookups, Pivot tables, SAP analysis add in, MID function, Concatenate, Conditional formatting, and IFERROR
- Maintaining policy knowledge and frequent research in handbooks, directives, and agency policy site (OPM.gov)
- Data retrieval and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and have effective time management skills
- Efficient and comfortable with large amounts of data
- Efficient navigation and use of multiple USDA applications
- Advanced knowledge of and/or experience with accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply federal regulations
- Ability to perform complex financial calculations
- Ability to learn quickly and perform under pressure
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Dextera Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D encouraged to apply.
Dextera CorporationWashington, DC
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.