- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Status: Salaried Exempt Department: Administration
Reports to: Finance Manager
Summary: This position is an operationally focused role with responsibility of providing financial review and analysis leadership for the plant.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership over the financial review and analysis of Budget, Forecasting and Actuals through clear, timely, critical and actionable insight.
- Take initiative in continuously improving the tools, processes, and reports that provide value added analysis and forecast/budget accuracy.
- Serve as a resource to the Finance Department.
- Oversight responsibility for strengthening the internal controls over the financial reporting environment.
- Prepares analysis and presentation material for explanation of plan-to-actual deviations and forecast changes.
- Support process improvement with the finance function within the plant to ensure accuracy and transparency of the numbers, week over weekly, month over month, and year over year.
- Research accounting matters and provide possible solutions for policy and application.
- Effectively interact with the Company’s external and internal auditors to proactively identify and resolve issues as well as meet key deadlines.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the ERP systems and accounts for the collection, monitoring and control of plant related costs.
- Analyze financial data using an ERP system and collect information (data mining) throughout the plant to identify trends or one-time changes of reporting position on balance sheet.
- Maintain correct general ledger (GL) accounts mapping and reporting structure in systems and facilitate in system upgrade.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and reconciliation schedules.
- Create and deliver various analysis including but not limited to sales and profitability.
- Supply audit documentation and analysis as requested.
- Support ad hoc analysis and projects in support of the strategy of the business.
- Ability to analyze complex information.
- Develop more robust and automated reporting tools and processes utilizing current systems and resources to streamline sales/margin analytics and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of various financial schedules (account reconciliation) used for the Actual Results reporting, Budgets and Forecasts, Balance Sheet management and Cash Flow management along with related activities.
- Maintains and prepares budgeting and financial reporting models to provide timely and relevant information for the plant and management.
- Maintain adequate product costing for valuation and cost-estimating activities.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Positive mind-set and a team player.
- Is legally authorized to work in the United States on a Full-time basis.
- An independent critical and logical thinker who displays attention to detail.
- A high degree of initiative, self-starter nature.
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and develop the necessary link between operations and the financial statements.
- Displays leadership within a financially driven organization.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Perform all duties in a professional, productive manner, with emphasis on our Quality and Safety Policies.
- Works under the supervision of the Controller.
- Is skillful in the operation of typically used related tools, materials, and equipment.
- Able to operate Company vehicle and meet insurance carrier requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Finance, Accounting or related field from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Climate: Heat, humid
- Fumes or airborne particles (dust, smoke)
- Contact with chemicals (cleaners, oils)
- Protective equipment
- Employee works around moving mechanical parts, tools and machinery
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to: stand, walk, bend and reach (both above and below the shoulder).
- The employee is occasionally required to: climb, push, or pull items.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to: use both hands, talk, hear and see.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We encourage women, veterans and minorities to apply.
Dexter Stamping Company LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dexter Stamping Company LLC