Solar Design Specialist 1
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Devlin Energy is a local, family-owned electrical & solar contracting company experiencing unprecedented growth. Serving the New England area for nearly 15 years, we are looking to add a highly motivated individual to our team.
Overview: The purpose of this role is to design and work with solar account managers to obtain permit ready solar design packages. The Position is a geared towards taking finish Solar Site Survey and getting the accurate for construction plans on paper.
The job includes but it not limited to:
- Working with Account Mangers to Submit Design Request to Design Portals for Auto Cad Drafting
- Check Completed Permit Packs for information and upload completed sets to the file servers.
- Requesting Design Revisions as necessary.
- Managing Job Status in the queue and updated CRM with correct notes and job stages
- Working with Team to get corrections made to permit pack sets.
- Work with engineering portals to maintain and request structural review of solar projects.
- Maintaining Job SLA and proper workflow throughout each phase of the project.
- Being Available to consult about project specific details with the team and potentially with customers.
- Owning the design and engineering process in the Devlin CRM
- Updated Per Projects specifications and notes in the company CRM to help prepare crews
- Maintaining job adders based on sold systems
- Checking Solar Contracts versus Designed Projects Ensuring Projects are designed according to what was sold
- Ensure CRM ZOHO is matching the contract and the Design.
- Update Project Survey Notes:
- Update Per Project Roof Quality Statement
- Update Project Roof Quality Statement Per Job:
- Update Project Shading Information Based On Intake information:
- Update Project Tilt and Azimuth Information.
- Issuing Project Change Order to the correct parties to make sure the proper parts of the project are changed contractually.
- Inform Account Management Teams about Adders per projects post Site Survey.
- Help launch Requests for Information for engineering and administer back and forth between design, engineering, and account managers.
- Occasionally working in system proposal design software to generate follow up modeling scenarios
- Occasionally working on solar array monitoring portals.
- Working with Racking and Inverter Technology companies to continue to stay up to date on how we should be designing systems.
- Continuing educations in Solar Design and NEC (National Electric Code) Compliance.
- Reviewing Post installation projects
- Requesting Post installation Affidavits from Structural and Electrical Project Engineers.
Competitive salary $50,000-$65,000 per year based on experience
Medical insurance, including dental & vision.
Basic Life Insurance
401(k) with matching
Paid Time Off
Monday – Friday, in-person in our Rockland MA Main Office.Requirements:
- 1+ years of drafting/design experience in the solar PV or renewable industry
- Familiarity with solar PV designs and layout considerations
- Basic understanding of electrical plans, diagrams, and terminology
- Superb problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn and grow technically
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
Devlin EnergyRockland, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.