Survivors Encouraged to Apply!
Are you interested in providing critical intervention to families in crisis? If so, Devereux might have the right opportunity for you! We are looking to hire a passionate individual to join our team as a Therapist.
Being a Therapist with our DELTA program has its Advantages
As a Therapist at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A chance to make a significant impact in the lives of children and adolescents who have emotional and behavioral health needs due to the trauma of exploitation or trafficking.
- Opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary treatment team and staffings for one of the largest non-profit behavioral health organizations in the state
- Full, Comprehensive Benefits including low-cost, high coverage health insurance, generous time-off, retirement, non-profit student servant loan forgiveness, voluntary benefits, AND MORE!
- Supervision hours for LMHC or LCSW licensure!
- Providing in-community therapeutic services, herapeutic services with an interactive approach.
- Work closely with individuals and families served in treatment planning, working with other team members in the treatment plan, and ensuring coordination of services is taken to meet the client needs.
- Documenting therapeutic interventions in the client's records in a timely manner, recommending and/or revise treatment interventions, and monitoring progress.
- Coordinate appropriate discharge planning
- Be a role model for all individuals and families served
- Master's degree in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, rehabilitation, special education, or human services field required
- Two years' experience working directly with children and families. Preferred experience with children who are victims of expolitation or trafficking Preferred
- Must be able to complete a three day new hire orientation class (Monday - Wednesday); hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
- Valid Driver's license
- This position works in Clients' homes and in schools.
- Bilingual preferred
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives - by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine - medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Posted Date 2 hours ago (1/1/2020 9:37 AM)
Requisition ID 2020-9650
Position Type Full-Time