Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children? If so, you could become part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a Therapeutic Home Specialist for our Therapeutic Foster Care program has its Advantages!
As a Therapeutic Home Specialist at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A great culture with a supportive team structure
- A fun and fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits
- An environment where you can be an active contributor to the treatment planning process
Located in Phoenix, AZ , the Therapeutic Home Specialist will help support the therapeutic home providers in maintaining and delivering high quality behavioral health services to clients who have a wide range of social, emotional, and behavioral complications. This role will also assist with license and supervise therapeutic home providers.
Keywords: foster care specialist, behavioral health, children, therapeutic, non-profit, human services, welfare, therapeutic home specialist, therapeutic foster care
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- High School Diploma/GED OR Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Four (4) years' related experience with High School Diploma/GED OR One (1) year experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with children, foster care or behavioral health related field required.
- Recruitment, Training, Support, and Supervision : Engages in recruitment and licensing activities as needed. Provides supervision and support of families and clients via effective communication skills, training and evaluation. Advocates for clients in placements and family needs by maintaining contact with clients parole officers, probation officers, case managers or other ancillary services. Assists with program development.
- Clinical Knowledge : Clinical knowledge of behavioral disorders, treatment plans, clinical assessments and clinical modalities. Ability to facilitate staffing for treatment plan review, coordination of services, etc as applicable.
- Licensure/Regulations: General knowledge of program components, contractual responsibilities, regulations of licensure mandates, licensure/accreditation standards of Joint Commission, BRFL/BMFL, DES/OLCR and other entities, as applicable.
- Documentation: Timely and accurate completion of all clinical and administrative reports/documentation. Maintains organized case files in compliance with accreditation standards. Documents case management activities in accordance with Best Practices.
- Treatment : Takes an active clinical role with the child and the family. Directs clinical interventions within the family, provides training, performs clinical interventions as supervised by the Program Manager, and performs crisis intervention/stabilization activities as necessary. Clinical interventions may include psychosocial rehabilitation, conducting psycho-educational groups, and mentoring activities. Participates in on-call responsibilities as scheduled.
- Record Retention: Maintains client and other program records in accordance with program, Devereux, licensing, and funder requirements. Retrieves records and documents as requested. Scans documents, files them electronically and uploads them to the appropriate electronic health record or database. Ensures storage and destruction of program documents in accordance with Devereux policy.
- Other: Performs all other duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older (per licensing standards)
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions ( or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results
- Must attend one (1) week of New Hire Orientation (paid) Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives - by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine - medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Posted Date 19 hours ago (12/23/2019 4:41 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-9528
Category Family Support
Position Type Full-Time