The elimination of barriers that restrict individuals with disabilities from community inclusion.
We strive to eliminate all barriers that keep our clients from being a part of their community.
To provide services and supports to people with barriers to attain self-direction, inclusion, personal fulfillment, and productivity in all life areas.
At DSI, we provide these services and supports to our clients to help them attain self-direction, inclusion and personal fulfillment and be productive in all areas of life.
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Payroll Controller
The purpose of this role is to assist the Payroll Controller and Director of Finance in managing the payroll functions of the Fiscal department and to ensure they are effective and accurate and within the regulations set forth by licensing and funding standards.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Process payroll for agency which includes the hourly & salary, commission, production, client payroll and any additional payroll tasks.
- Process and enter staff payroll related forms and documents into Sage 100 and Provide.
- Coordinate payroll tax reporting, payments and posting to Sage with the Payroll Controller. Similarly with processing of annual W-2s.
- Maintain child support and garnishments maintenance including reports, updates and payments in coordination with the Payroll Controller.
- Pull payroll reports and information for agency leadership, as needed.
- Send out payroll reports to management on a regular basis in preparation for payroll, such as unapproved time, late time, excess PTO, etc. Follow up consistently.
- Prepare and post general ledger, payroll and other needed journal entries and adjustments in Sage 100.
- Work with other payroll and fiscal staff in the Columbus and Kokomo offices.
- Assist HR and agency leadership with projects and provide reports, as needed.
- Assist with multiple audits and fiscal related reporting.
- Assist in continued improvement of processes and procedures, testing those processes, and documenting them, while maintaining required internal controls and proper segregation of duties.
- Prepare reconciliations of outstanding checks for certain accounts and bank reconciliations for certain bank accounts.
- Perform online banking functions.
- Maintain accurate and organized files and documents with a focus on electronic records and maintain compliance with all of the agency’s policies.
- Ensure timely, accurate posting of information necessary for month-end closing process.
- Maintain confidentiality of consumer and agency business information in compliance with agency policies and applicable state and federal regulations, including HIPAA.
- Prepare various reports and returns, as necessary.
- Ensure that employees follow all departmental and agency policies, as well as state and federal laws.
- Back-up for Fiscal staff upon absences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Payroll Controller or Director of
Developmental Services, Inc. - KokomoKokomo, IN
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.