DFI is seeking an experienced Commercial Roofing Inspector to join construction engagement and inspection team. This position will service the Baltimore County school system to ensure quality inspections as well as direct oversight during roofing installations. Duties include scheduling and completing of roofing inspections, performing progress checks on roofing projects, providing technical assistance for roofing applicators and submission of daily reports.
This candidate should reside in or around the Baltimore Metro area and be available for off hour work and potential work schedules that may require extensive overtime. .
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Preforming inspections of the roofing installation work on job site. Work maybe completed in all outside weather conditions.
- Have a full knowledge of spec and details, ability to converse and explain the specific pertaining to roof system and identify errors to the system and what corrective measures mat be needed.
- Completing and submitting forms, letters, and reports. This involves filling out standard forms , demonstrate the the ability to effectively communicate verbally and write letters to roofers, building owners, architects, consultants, etc., explaining what needs to be addressed during the roofing project.
- Providing technical assistance for technical questions presented by roofing applicators.
- Demonstrate industry training/knowledge of training programs of installation work, i.e., splices, flashings, installation of insulation, includes full working knowledge of specs and details, the ability to converse and convey installation methods to roofing foremen and crewmen.
- The representative will also be able to inspect and identify roofing problems and document annually per state requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) or more years of previous roofing or construction experience is required. Related experience and educational combination will be considered. Pay commensurate with experience
- Applicants must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must have strong time management skills and be self-motivated.
- A valid driver's license and dependable transportation is required at time of hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
- The applicant will be required to submit finger prints and have a full background investigation as work will be in school environments.
- The inspector may be required to carry up to 50lbs of materials and or tools and must be able to access all components of roofing systems including but not limited to climbing ladders and working at heights.
Development Facilitators Inc. (DFI)
Why Work Here?DFI is a professional engineering company founded in 1978 that offers full scale construction management, inspection, civil engineering and design, permitting, survey.
Great growth potential with an established company offering excellent pay and benefits