Technical Lead / Application Developer III
Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client’s missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past seven years and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award two years in a row, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
- Flexible work schedules and telework options. (All Teams are 100% remote during the stay at home orders.)
- Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, and tuition assistance.
- Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision; flexible spending account; commuter benefits; life insurance; and more.
- 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing.
- Regular team and company social events including our annual party, sporting events and concerts at the Capital One Arena, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more.
- A focus on community engagement including company wide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts.
- To learn more about working at Dev visit, Learn About A Day At Dev
This is an O&M managed service effort for current and future private cloud based arrangements supporting network and security infrastructure, software, and applications. Proven acumen with client interaction and collaboration is required along with production migration planning, cloud architecture, application development, testing, stage, while providing Technical Lead guidance and support to the assigned team. An active Public Trust clearance is required to start.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Hands-on development and problem solving related to software applications
- Researching, testing, building, and coordinating the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
- Designing and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software, evaluat effectiveness, front end and back end program languages
- Engage and collaborate with chief technologists
- Addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, multiple platforms/relational databases (DBMS)
- Consulting with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Performing feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Assisting in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Resolving problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Instructing, assigning, directing, and checking work of others on the development team.
- Participating in development of software user manuals and technical reports
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Masters degree OR 15 years of experience
- Technical infrastructure experience in Java-based environments
- Experience developing applications and microservices using a Java Spring Boot for back end and Angular for front end for deployment
- Experience in AWS development and routine maintenance
- CI/CD pipeline experience
- Automated testing experience
- Git experience
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working for the federal government is preferred
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a DHS public trust clearance
Dev Technology Group
Why Work Here?Dev Technology provides IT solutions to meet the mission-critical needs of government by exceeding our clients’ expectations through partnership, a commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and valuing our employees. At Dev Technology, our employees enjoy the company of their coworkers and genuinely care about their well-being, creating a unique environment throughout our offices. We have been rated as a Top Workplace by the Washington Post 7 years in a row based entirely on the results of employee surveys. We offer many unique benefits to support our employees throughout their careers such as our Center of Innovation, Dev University, and our Mentorship Program. Join our team and make a difference!
Dev Technology has a reputation for high employee satisfaction and has been rated a Top Workplace based on employee surveys 7 years in a row