Director of Development
- Posted: 15 days ago
Deutsches Altenheim, Inc. has a distinguished legacy of providing compassionate care for seniors, founded and sustained through generous charitable giving and community support. Established in 1914, Deutsches Altenheim was originally designed to serve as a retirement residence for elderly German Americans. As Deutsches Altenheim expanded and flourished, the organization became a pillar in the Greater Boston community, earning a consistent 5-Star rating. Today, the nonprofit continues to offer superior care in a trusting and experienced environment. Its campus in West Roxbury provides long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, and adult day health services to residents and clients of all ethnic, national and religious backgrounds. The Deutsches Altenheim Foundation is a 501(c)(3) supporting organization that operates exclusively to advance the mission of Deutsches Altenheim, Inc.
Position Overview: The Director of Development is responsible for directing, leading and executing a strategic fundraising plan to increase philanthropic support to the Deutsches Altenheim Foundation, with a particular focus on major and planned gifts. The role will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of five to six figure gifts, with a first year goal of $250,000 in confirmed gifts and pledges, and an expectation of increased goals in each future year. This position will work closely with the Deutsches Altenheim Foundation Board and senior leaders of Deutsches Altenheim, Inc. to identify prospects, funding needs and donor engagement opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, research, and manage a portfolio of 150 to 200 major gift prospects, which includes individuals, corporations and foundations. Continuously build the donor pipeline. Manage donor portfolio with a straightforward and efficient process, documenting donor interaction and pipeline movement in the database of record.
- Set and deliver on ambitious goals. Prioritize qualified donors and build relationships as an existing interest, relationship or influence is determined.
- Partner with the Deutsches Altenheim Foundation Board and senior leaders of Deutsches Altenheim to develop relationships with major gift prospects and area businesses.
- Solicit foundations and submit grant applications or proposals to support designated operating and program priorities.
- Research potential donors to gain insights into priorities, application guidelines, relationships and other charitable giving to understand how to effectively position Deutsches Altenheim for funding.
- Develop and execute on donor engagement plans, including recognition, stewardship and fulfillment reporting.
- Strategically direct, collaborate with and supervise the Development Manager to fully leverage development opportunities, initiatives, and messaging.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing or related program.
- Five to seven years of experience in fundraising, managing a portfolio of donors, and with a proven record qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding five and six figure gifts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with excellent customer service, problem solving and organization skills
- High degree of professionalism, attention to detail, discretion and sound judgement.
- Motivated by ambitious goals and deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, CRM databases, Raiser's Edge experience preferred, and use of research platforms, such as Foundation Directory, Donor Search.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, LTD, STD, Whole Life Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
Deutsches Altenheim conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Deutsches Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressWest Roxbury, MA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?