CHEERS! Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ Stamford office currently seeks a Vice President, Spirits Brand Development who possesses the below qualifications.
The VP will function as the brand champion and thought leader across a portfolio of vibrant Spirit brands in various categories and segments. This role will bring the Spirits Strategy to life and will be tasked with achieving a strategic ambition for his or her portfolio in the next 3-5 years. This is not a capricious plan; there is a clear glide path and clear building blocks already in place to make this happen. In this rewarding role, this VP will be tasked with making that a reality and in the process, creating a historic achievement within the wine and spirits industry.
A consummate brand builder, cross functional leader, steward of spirits culture, and coach, qualified candidates will possess the following:
· Extensive experience in Spirits brand management with proven track record roles of increasing responsibility
· Expertise in all facets of brand building: positioning, creative development, advertising and media, agency management, events
· Experience motivating and inspiring a team of at least 4 with the ability to nurture a Spirits culture
· Experience managing a Brand Ambassador program
· Strong Financial acumen with deep understanding of P&L structure
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to readily identify insights in ships/deps/consumption data, and translate to tangible action
· Ability to function effectively in fast-paced, multi-faceted business environment with significant autonomy
· Possesses a zeal for learning with a natural and restless curiosity about the changing Bev Alc landscape, our competitive set, and new ways to win the hearts of consumers
· Ability to think big and envision what is possible rather than rely on what is probable
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills, as well as presentation & interpersonal skills with experience interfacing with top levels of executive management
· Deadline oriented self-starter who is proactive and holds self and others to a high standard of work quality
· Responsible for the planning, development, and execution of strategic (3-5 year) and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including innovation, pricing, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, market research, and manpower.
· Shared responsibility for the delivery of volume, share and profit objectives consistent with overall brand strategy.
· Build consumer and trade equity for the brands through the design and execution of consumer and trade strategies including advertising, promotion, public relations, and events.
· Work closely with Sales to identify opportunities to expand the business across channels of trade.
· Manage all outside agency initiatives in support of the brand’s business objectives to include advertising, media, social media, promotions, and PR.
· Ensure accurate and timely forecasting, develop monthly updates, and provide analysis and recommendations when sales vary from forecast.
· Interface on a consistent basis with Sales, Finance, Production, and Operations to rapidly identify problems/opportunities and take appropriate action as warranted.
· Participate in the development of the Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits corporate strategy as a member of the Executive Strategy Group.