District Manager, Massachusetts
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CHEERS! Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a District Manager, Massachusetts who possesses the below. The role is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of all tactical sales activities as well as trade/customer marketing activities to enhance the growth and profitability of the Deutsch brand portfolio in the state of Massachusetts.
· College degree
· A beverage industry professional with a minimum of 2 years sales experience with a supplier or distributor; wine knowledge strongly suggested
· Experience selling to all channels of trade; should have strong existing trade/account relationships; prior measurable success in selling with other supplier or distributor would be desirable
· Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling
· Objective oriented, focused, and aggressive individual who needs little direction or supervision
· A strong team player able to work in an intense, fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the distributor sales forces and develop key, retail customer relationships
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Computer literate and functional in Microsoft Office
· Able to travel throughout the state on a regular basis for sales initiatives, distributor meetings and market surveys
· Lift and carry wine bag
· Work with distributor sales reps and managers to further their knowledge of the Deutsch portfolio and to develop improved working relationships within these key groups
· Be in market a minimum of 3 days per week selling Deutsch brands or building relationships with key accounts
· Submit weekly recaps to Regional Manager showing sales and activities
· Interface directly with key On and Off Premise accounts to grow our business
· Manage key accounts by monitoring volume growth and points of distribution, pre-planning account visits, and driving various Deutsch initiatives
· Utilize internal data to identify opportunities and achieve improved brand positioning
· Assist in overall brand development by identifying new account opportunities and working with distributors to execute
· Utilize market and customer knowledge to assist in development of distributor programs based on available resources
· Communicate with distributors regarding new, upcoming, and/or in-process programs
· Monitor and evaluate program execution and overall portfolio execution while in the trade
· Conduct wait staff trainings to help create in-house ambassadors for our brands
· Conduct in-store tastings as necessary to move brands forward (can be nights/weekends)
· Motivate and manage distributor sales forces and executives through leadership; inspire confidence, gain respect as an effective company spokesman
· Adhere to and effectively communicate company policy
· Perform administrative tasks as necessary in a timely manner
· Pre-plan and conduct sales meetings and product presentations for distributor sales staff
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do.
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Get fresh Retail District Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.