CHEERS! DFW&S is seeking a Brand Manager, Fine Wine to join our team in Stamford, CT!
The Brand Manager, Fine Wine (I) will oversee all aspects of marketing for a portfolio of Fine Wine brands, leading the development and execution of brand strategy and marketing plans. Brands include:
· Fleurs de Prairie – a DFWS ‘priority’ brand and top prospect to be a Scalable brand in the rapidly growing French rosé category
· The Crossings – a ‘high potential incubate’ brand experiencing strong growth in the robust and fast-growing NZ Sauv Blanc category
· Barone Fini – a ‘high potential incubate’ brand testing breakthrough new packaging in F21 in the robust and fast growing Italian Pinot Grigio category
· Villa Pozzi – an ‘incubate’ brand launching vibrant new packaging nationally in F21
· Sauvion, Skyfall and Ruta 22 – ‘gem’ brands in important luxury and premium segments
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically about brand architecture, DNA and positioning, develop compelling brand stories, articulate unique selling propositions, and identify ‘unlocks’ to drive brand performance to the next level. The successful Brand Manager will be an outstanding people manager, creative thinker, business driver, and contributor to the Team/Company’s fine wine culture.
Brand Strategy & Foundation
· Lead the creation and activation of annual brand plans aligned with brand positioning to deliver against equity objectives, volume and financial goals
· Lead development of robust brand DNAs
· Leverage a range of internal and external data to gain actionable category/brand insights and identify incremental growth opportunities
Brand Activation & Communication
• Work collaboratively with Sales and Trade Marketing teams to develop engaging new brand programs that drive consumer pull and support distribution growth; Communicate programs and secure buy-in at a local level to ensure effective implementation.
• Work with Marketing Services and outside agencies to develop outstanding creative and best-in-class selling tools that support national and local marketing campaigns, including POS, premiums, social, digital and print media
• Work with Public Relations to develop breakthrough PR initiatives and optimize brand participation in trade and consumer sampling events
• Manage relationships and communications with Suppliers to ensure alignment on strategy and provide timely updates on key initiatives; Prepare content and lead annual Business Reviews
• Participate in market visits and actively engage in national planning meetings
• Continuously monitor business and brand health performance; identify issues and opportunities to drive brand development and volume performance; monitor changes in the competitive environment and adjust plans as needed
• Manage brand budgets; ensure dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters; maintain budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume and profitability expectations
• Work with the Finance team to measure and analyze sales impact and profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures, establish brand pricing strategies, and monitor pricing and price promotion activities
• Lead, mentor and develop 1 Associate Brand Manager and 1 Assistant Brand Manager
Brand Building & Creative Excellence
· Consistently apply brand-building fundamentals, develop and enhance brand-building tools.
· Identify and articulate compelling consumer insights and recommend how to leverage them to drive brand DNA.
· Exhibit the courage to recommend and execute new ideas while managing risk.
· Spot and nurture a good idea and stop a bad one. Develop good ideas into sustainable, evergreen platforms. Look for what is possible in an idea.
· Extend a creative idea in innovative ways and to unexpected elements of the marketing mix, maximizing consumer engagement and conversion.
· Work in partnership with creative people and agencies to further develop ideas as a team
· Create compelling briefs and provide clear direction and strategic feedback to agencies in a way that motivates.
· Achieve creative excellence, staying engaged in the creative process from ideation to flawless execution. Offer assistance, recommendations and inputs along the way.
Commercial Acumen & Excellence in Execution
· Seek, find and quickly translate data into meaningful insights. Convert insights directly into brand strategies and commercial programs that materially impact business results
· Know the current competitive landscape and understand relevant industry trends.
· Understand the commercial side of the business in order to anticipate needs, issues and questions. Manage the commercial lifecycle of brands, including vintage-specific aspects (i.e. sourcing, import timelines and allocations)
· Implicitly understand the diverse sales and channel needs and acts with this in mind, developing and communicating commercially viable plans to accelerate brand growth.
· Put forward creative ideas that generate measurable business results
· Consistently execute well thought-out programs that inspire consumers to buy our brands and generate enthusiasm and excitement throughout the value chain (sales, distributors, retailers).
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to positively influence stakeholders
• Strong conceptual skills and a high level of creativity
• Demonstrated analytical skills paired with ability to make well-reasoned, timely decisions
• Strong working knowledge of Social and Digital Media platforms
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Ability to articulate views crisply and convincingly, adapting style to have the greatest impact on a given audience.
• Solid wine knowledge, including sensory evaluation skills and knowledge of growing regions
• Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects and priorities under tight timetables. Flexibility to adapt the game plan as needed to support the organization’s larger needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a roll-up-your-sleeves nature and positive attitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 5+ years brand marketing experience, including at least 3 years in wine. Additional experience in sales or trade marketing a plus.