Medical Records Clerk at Detweiler Family Medicine
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $15 Hourly
Duties: The Medical Records Clerk will be responsible for ensuring that incoming fax information is attached to patient electronic charts. The Medical records clerk must maintain quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper files and electronic systems. The Medical Records Clerk will use various classification systems to code and categorize patient diagnoses information as well as medical and treatment histories.
Medical Clerks use a computer to enter, validate and properly store or process patient information for incoming faxes and medical office documents.
The perfect candidate will have medical office experience, or have an interest or education in the medical field. They will be detail oriented with independent work habits.
A day in the life of our data entry clerk includes but are not limited to:
- Handling all incoming electronic faxes, which can sometimes be up to 300 per shift, managing the documents by attaching to patient charts, or sending to their proper locations within the medical office.
- Handling other electronic documents for patient charting as required.
- Scan and process paper documents.
- Participate in other data entry projects as needed.
- Cover shifts at front desk as needed.
We are a tobacco free employer. We do require a background check and a drug screen as well a complete round of the COVID vaccines.
Detweiler Family Medicine
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?