Chief Information Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Network Officer for the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN), the Chief Information Officer (CIO) serves as the principal technology leader for DWIHN providing the vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology strategies and initiatives. This position is responsible for anticipating and maintaining a vision for future technology needs, assessing current processes, recommending software upgrades, and directing the executive team on the best technology processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the principal technology leader for DWIHN.
- Provides the vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology strategies and initiatives.
- Anticipates and maintains a vision for future technology needs.
- Assesses current processes.
- Recommends software upgrades.
- Directs the executive team on the best technology processes.
- Recommends strategies, priorities, and projects that will best achieve DWIHN’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Assures that DWIHN’s information systems provide DWIHN and its contracted providers with the data and information needed to assure that quality outcomes are achieved for its consumers.
- Oversees the overall relationship with DWIHN’s Provider network relative to Information Systems and Support.
- Manages IT staff and makes sure internal and external user needs are being met.
- Ensures adherence to government regulations and guidelines for technological systems and the safeguarding of data.
- Analyzes system usage and processes to determine how to optimize return on investment, improve information technology systems, and foster organizational growth.
- Researches and forecasts emerging computing trends.
- Integrates new software and platforms into existing computer systems to ensure that technology is optimized.
- Establishes maintenance checks and other technology infrastructure monitoring strategies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with technology vendors and negotiates services and contracts.
- Oversees the development of training documents for systems users, including info graphics, slide shows, and video tutorials.
- Ensures that IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity planning processes are in place and monitors such for currency and adequacy.
- Maximizes the mix and optimizes the cost of in-house vs. outsourced services.
- Directs and ensures the responsiveness of data centers, technical service centers, help desks, communications networks (voice and data), and computer systems operations.
- Develops and leads policy development as it relates to Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other information management and technology-driven health care processes.
- Directs the strategic planning, budgeting, analysis, designing, integration, testing, training,
- deployment and support of the enterprise application portfolio.
- Oversees IT risk management and quality management.
- Manages the work of project managers, technical staff, vendors, consultants, and/or contractors
- responsible for the coordination, support, maintenance and implementation of various projects,
- programs and/or initiatives.
- Prepares and directs the preparation of reports to identify long range strategic issues relevant to
- departmental goals.
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support DWIHN’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Designs a wide area connectivity network infrastructure with an emphasis on filling remote access needs.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors and service providers for installing new technology.
- Approves purchases of technological equipment and software and establishes partnerships with IT providers.
- Uses technology to streamline business processes.
- Directs programs to monitor, evaluate and improve customer service delivery.
- Oversees IT architecture.
- Defines IT policies, standards and governance.
- Establishes IT goals and timelines for projects.
- Ensures the security of all information and computer systems and digital data.
- Oversees and manages data warehouse and data reporting.
- Develops and completes the annual IT operational and capital budgets.
- Maintains compliance with HIPPA and other health care related regulations.
- Monitors and validates the organization’s compliance with information security policies and plays a key role in defining these policies.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley security requirements and/or other related standards.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and security-related procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
- Knowledge of Information Technology principles, practices and strategic operations.
- Knowledge IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of IT software applications.
- Knowledge of IT Business Enterprise Operations.
- Knowledge of IT architecture.
- Knowledge of IT help-desk operations.
- Knowledge of IT remote access requirements.
- Knowledge of data security, risk management, and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of governmental rules regarding IT data (particularly health data).
- Knowledge of the IT procurement and selection process.
- Knowledge of DWIHN policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of the DWIHN provider network and community resources.
- Supervisory skills.
- Management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Executive skills
- Administration skills
- Training skills.
- People management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Action planning skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Goal setting skills.
- Planning skills.
- Emotional intelligence skills.
- Assessment skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Planning skills.
- Accuracy skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Logical skills.
- Reasoning skills.
- Problem Solving skills
- Decision Making skills.
- Critical Thinking skills.
- Creativity skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Public Speaking skills
- Customer Service skills.
- Communication skills.
- Collaboration skills.
- Implementation skills.
- Evaluation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Skill at meeting deadlines
- Multitasking skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Teams)
- Teamwork Skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Rapport-building skills.
- Shared decision-making skills.
- Team decision-making skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population.
- Judgement/Reasoning ability.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Administration or a closely related degree.
Ten (10) years of IT experience performing the duties at the level of a Senior Systems Engineer.
Experience must include work in the following areas:
- IT infrastructure.
- IT software applications.
- IT Business Enterprise Operations.
- IT help-desk operations.
- IT remote access requirements.
- IT data security, risk management, and disaster recovery.
Four (4) years of experience as a Director or Administrator of an IT Department for a large or medium size organization.
A valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with a safe and acceptable driving record.
Work is usually performed in an office setting but requires the employee to drive to different sites throughout Wayne County and the State of Michigan.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
TechnologyView all jobs at Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network