Vice President of Finance
Detroit Stoker Company Monroe, MI
- Posted: 17 days ago
- $120,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are seeking a Vice President of Finance. You will be an integral part of the DSC senior management team. Reporting to the President, serving as a true business partner and financial counsel to the President involving strategic planning, policy development and implementation, compliance and reporting in support of corporate objectives.
- Provide insight into the business and sound financial analysis for senior management.
- Identify new profit opportunities within the existing business.
- Ensure financial integrity of the organization with GAAP and adequate financial controls, established, and maintained.
- Accurately report financial and other information that forecasts the company's business activity and financial position as required to meet business reporting and financial regulation needs internally and externally.
- Support annual budget and general business planning by recommending objectives that will result in financial growth and stability.
- Benchmark financial performance against budget and forecasts with an ability to advise and implement effective strategies to effect change/resolve issues as necessary.
- Strong leadership qualities with a "hands on" approach; demonstrate willingness to dig into the details as needed to determine root cause and countermeasures.
- Effectively manage, mentor, and develop the Accounting Manager and clerical accounting functions.
- Demonstrated success as a strategic partner driving profit and growth. Strong business leader with the financial pedigree who can seamlessly step-in when necessary for the President.
- 8 - 10 years of progressive experience, a combination of public accounting and private business experience, demonstrating required competency level.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA/CMA (or equivalent) required.
Detroit Stoker CompanyWhy Work Here?
Established and growing company offering competitive wages and benefits.
Detroit Stoker Company - more than 120 years in business! The Company's future is bright. DSC is a leading supplier of combustion equipment for the production of steam used in heating, industrial processing, and electric power generation around the world. DSC has taken a leadership role in the development of environmentally responsible systems that make power-generating plants good neighbors in their communities. We have led the way in unlocking the value of renewable energy sources. Recycling and reduction of industrial and municipal solid waste as renewable fuels. Every day more than 135,000 tons of biomass and refuse are converted to useful energy with DSC's systems. Our combustion systems generate power from diverse waste streams such as municipal waste, bark, sugar cane, sawdust, sunflower hulls, peanut hulls, and poultry litter. These otherwise non-recyclable materials produce insignificant levels of emissions compared to fossil fuels. As the cost of conventional fuels rise, renewable fuels provide a sensible alternative.
1510 East First StreetMonroe, MI
Finance and Insurance