Human Resources Business Partner (NIGHT SHIFT)
Detroit Manufacturing Systems -- World-Class Automotive Supplier Toledo, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Human Resources Business Partner will work on the night-shift. While there is some flexibility, core working hours are as follows: 5:00pm until 3:30pm. This role reports to the Manager of Human Resources and is accountable for building harmonious partnerships with employees and Hiring Managers across the organization as well as to provide coaching and guidance which include employee relations and engagement, team performance and effectiveness, learning & development, total rewards, workforce planning must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Professionally respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting people services functions and ensures policies procedures and reporting are documented and in compliance.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, testing, selection, and orientation training of new team members.
- Facilitate new hire orientation for hourly and salary employees
- Administer and keep personnel records, transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and team member statistics for government reporting
- Administer benefits programs such as vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Assist with worker's compensation/safety issues
- Prepare team member separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Interpret and manage UAW/Collective Bargaining Agreement, as well as counsel management on the administration of CBA processes
- Conduct employee relations and investigations
- Manage headcount according to operational needs
- Maintain KPI data, i.e. Absenteeism, turnover, etc.
- Facilitate and support community events and recognition activities
- Support management in the building and deployment of plant operating systems including developing and tracking training plans for hourly and salary employees
- Other duties as required
The Human Resources Business Partner must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. In order to perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate and possess experience with the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Verbal & Written Communications – Speaks, articulates and writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Always observes and ensures safety and security procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Ability to empathize with employee concerns
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) is mandatory in addition to (4) to (6) years of related Human Resources experience and/or training.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHT SHIFT - PLEASE READ NOTE below.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to create and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to do presentations and speak effectively before organization team members.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of and technical experience with: Ceridian/Dayforce software and/or similar HRIS/ATS applicant tracking systems is helpful, but not a requirement.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
NOTE: We appreciate your taking time to apply for this opportunity, however WE ARE ONLY CONTACTING and INTERVIEWING PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE COMMITTED and ABLE TO WORK THE FOLLOWING night-shift hours starting at or after: 5:00PM.
Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members
whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day
in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology
to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers.
DMS’ Purpose: We are creating a culture of service. We empower others to grow, rise and give back – accelerating positive change in the world. We lead with the heart to bring out the best in you – which brings out the best in us. We do well so we can do good.
Serve Others, Enrich Lives, Rise Together and Give Back
Detroit Manufacturing Systems -- World-Class Automotive SupplierWhy Work Here?
At DMS, we are creating a culture of service. We empower others to grow, rise and give back – accelerating positive change in the world.
DMS is a world-class Tier 1, automotive interior components manufacturer. Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers. DMS’ Purpose: We are creating a culture of service. We empower others to grow, rise and give back – accelerating positive change in the world. We lead with the heart to bring out the best in you – which brings out the best in us. We do well so we can do good. Serve Others, Enrich Lives, Rise Together and Give Back
3400 Jeep Parkway ToledoToledo, OH
BusinessView all jobs at Detroit Manufacturing Systems -- World-Class Automotive Supplier