Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department/s: Human Resources
Reports To: VP
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
· Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
· Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
· Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
· Provides clerical support to the HR department.
· May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
· Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
· Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
· Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
· Associate’s degree in related field required.
· Prior related office experience preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Detroit Chassis LLC
Detroit Chassis, a subsidiary of SPECTRA LLC, produces rolling chassis, complex subassemblies and modules, and complete vehicles for the automotive, RV and commercial truck industries, with one stop design and engineering solutions.
6501 Lynch Rd.Detroit, MI