Receptionist/ Certified Home Health Aid
Destiny Hospice of the Desert San Marcos, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have created an environment which respects and provides proper implementation of Social Distancing and provide PPE for all staff if necessary. Destiny prides itself in allowing its employees to increase their skills by offering progressive training styles.
We are looking for qualified Full-Time Certified Home Health Aides who are dedicated to their craft and are driven by excellent patient care. This CHHA will also be taking on receptionist duties such as taking phone calls, faxing, email and helping with other miscellaneous office duties. Please note when you are not visiting patients you will be working as receptionist thank you.
Competitive pay Compensation: Depends on Experience
Medical, Dental, Vision, Sick, & Vacation, 401-K
As a Receptionist/ Certified Home Health Aide you will:
• Utilize basic knowledge to carry out agency philosophy and goals of agency in provision of patient care.
• Document observations and provision of care according to agency policy/procedure.
• Maintain a clean, safe, healthy environment and assist in teaching family members and patient's ways to simplify household tasks and cope with disabilities.
• Provided personal care including: Baths, Back rubs, Oral hygiene, Shampoos, Changing bed linen, Assist patients with dressing and undressing, Skin care to prevent breakdown\
• Plan and prepare nutritious meals.
• Assist in feeding the patient, if necessary.
• Take and record oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
• Assist in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
• Perform range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
• Assist patient in the self-administration of medication.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
• A minimum of one year Home Health / Hospice experience preferred
• Spanish preferred but NOT required
• Current certified Home Health Aide certification in the State of California or Medical Assistant
• Current CA driver's license and auto insurance.
• CPR required
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., to ensure patient safety in the home
Destiny Hospice of the Desert
The Destiny Home Health team is comprised of physicians and our caring and compassionate staff members who provide support to patients and loved ones around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our hospice team includes a Medical Director who will consult with your physician to manage pain, symptoms, and make house calls as needed. Our nurses will assess and manage your pain and provide overall care. Home health aides help with personal care and lighten the burden of caregivers by helping with light household chores. Our Social workers counsel and provide emotional support and help with financial planning and other life issues. Our Chaplains offer pastoral care, by addressing the spiritual concerns of patients and loved ones. Our volunteers are specially trained and are available to offer companionship, emotional support, and assist our patients and their families when they’re needed. Bereavement Support for loved ones continues for 12 months or longer after the patient has passed on.