General Manager - Fast Food - SUBWAY
Destiny Foods, Inc. Cedar Park, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Destiny Foods, Inc., a franchise owner of 24 stores in the Greater Austin area is seeking a restaurant manager for their Round Rock, TX locations.
A Restaurant Manager has the ultimate responsibility of managing their assigned restaurant to meet Subway's procedures and excellence in fresh food. The Manager is responsible for safeguarding the financial success of a specific franchise and maintaining the reputation of the company. The role must ensure efficient restaurant operations as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. A store manager is responsible for the functional areas of Inventory Control, Operations, Personnel Administration, and Sales.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor food and labor costs to meet store goals
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning up to 15 employees; following up on work results
- Ensures store is staff appropriately during high traffic and responsible for covering shifts as necessary
- Performing minor repairs while maintaining store equipment, notify Store Manager and/or Area Managers if repairs by an outside vendor are needed
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains store staffed job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Job performance management of all employees in meeting company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and restaurant complies with health and safety regulations along with Subway standards
- Ensures high standards of customer service is maintained
- Handle customer complaints and queries in an efficient and professional manner in line with Subway standards
- Achieves financial objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action
- Secures merchandise by following security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training in the industry and required training through Destiny Foods and the University of Subway
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Manager, or similar role
- Proven excellent customer service experience
- Food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software - Point of Sale (POS) and food delivery vendors
- Tracking of expenses, pricing, and vendor relationships
- Strong leadership, motivation, and people skills
- Strong communication skills, tact, and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and ambition
- Enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Results-driven approach to work
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Hold a Manager food handler permit
Hours of work are generally irregular, long, and shift-based must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and on public holidays. Managers are required to work a minimum of 45 hours a week and at least one weekend a month. Some managers may work split shifts, with early starts, time off in the middle of the day and a return to work for a later shift. The Store Manager is the store's primary key-holder and may be called to the store before, during, or after business hours in the event of an emergency.
This is a physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to bend, stoop, reach, twisting, use of hands, walk and stand for extended periods of time, work long hours, lift heavy objects up to 50 on a regular basis, and do repetitive tasks. Occasional local driving is may be required
Assistant Manager, Person in Charge, Shift Lead, and/or Sandwich Artist
Destiny Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Destiny Foods, Inc.Why Work Here?
Well-known restaurant name, serving healthy options!
Destiny Foods, Inc., is a Subway franchise owner in Round Rock, TX, and surrounding areas with 24 restaurants. Most all restaurants are in the NE, North, and NW of Austin, TX.
AddressCedar Park, TX
RetailView all jobs at Destiny Foods, Inc.