Destination DC, the official convention and tourism corporation for the nation's capital, is currently seeking an intern for Spring 2019 to assist the organization's tourism, sports and visitor services department.
Update Group Tour Newsletter content
Assist with Visitor Services inquiries, brochure orders and distribution
Update and maintain the tourism department database
Assist the department with domestic and international tourism marketing and promotion initiatives
Additional projects as assigned
- Applicants must be junior or senior year college students in good standing.
- Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Marketing, and Event Planning majors strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Previous internship experience a plus.
Duration: Spring 2019
Commitment of one semester is required. The internship may be extended to the next semester at the agreement of the student and supervisor.
Candidates must be able to commit to 20 hours per week to the position.
This is an unpaid position. Destination DC will work with intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
Apply on-line at: http://washington.org/careers
About Destination DC: Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation's capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. www.washington.org.