POSITION AVAILABLE IN MORRIS & SUSSEX COUNTIES, NJ
***This is a part-time or full-time role***
Compensation: Commission paid bi-weekly as a W2 Employee
Destination Athlete was established in 2008 to help get youth and high school athletes to their destinations. Our mission continues to be to serve with excellent customer service combined with outstanding products and services ranging from team uniforms, sports & field equipment, spirit wear, fundraising solutions, and athlete development programming.
Team Sales Representative
Destination Athlete has immediate an opening for a Team Sales Representative in Morris & Sussex counties, NJ. Destination Athlete offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company. The successful candidate will develop and directly work with a customer base of schools, teams, organizations, institutions, corporate accounts, stores, etc., selling sports equipment, bags, apparel and other products and services. Destination Athlete sells across multiple sales channels -- consumer, team, and organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
- Create sales material to present to customers
Essential Job Functions
- Work from home/on the road for meetings and report back to internal operations manager with questions, requests, and any assistance.
- Identify and develop new customer relationships in the territory.
- Manage sales process, including sales presentation, order entry, sales follow-up, etc.
- Work with management to understand and meet goals and priorities, to include specific sales goals, expectations and responsibilities.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of products and processes.
- Resolve all customer issues and any issues that prevent the customer from experiencing world class service.
- Coordinate efforts with other departments to ensure the best customer experience possible.
- Provide expertise, support and hands-on assistance in all realms of the sales process, making sure customers receive the products that they want, when they want, how they want.
- Highlight issues and identify opportunities.
- Work closely with Sales Management and other sales support personnel.
- Create and capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Prepare and present sales proposals, sponsorships and special programs.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- 1-3 years sales experience preferred
- Must live in the Morris/Sussex County, NJ area
- Must demonstrate superior customer service
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong phone skills
- Must have access to a computer/smartphone/email throughout the day
- Willing to travel throughout the county/counties
- Must have tremendous organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience playing or working with high school/collegiate athletics, a plus.
- Relevant experience with youth/high school teams, leagues, booster clubs would be beneficial
Why Work Here?Destination Athlete is a comprehensive company with a presence in 20+ states. This opening is for the Morris & Sussex Counties, NJ franchise. We provide team uniforms, spirit wear, equipment, fundraising solutions, and much more for youth, high school, and college athletic teams, along with businesses, events, and organizations.
A lot of room for growth! Heavy commission packages available!
Morris County, NJ