Group Fitness Instructor
Desoto Athletic Club Southaven, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Group Fitness Instructors are responsible for leading and delivering group fitness instruction ranging in variety
and level from aerobic activity, muscular strength, stretch, dance, yoga or mind body disciplines. This includes
developing and organizing choreography, movement sequencing and progression, cueing participants set up,
safety, execution, and more. Campus Recreation is seeking energetic Group Fitness Instructors. The instructor
must be high energy, motivating, and a relationship builder who will help others reach their goals through exercise
while having fun. Duties include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational group classes to accomplish the Campus Recreation
Department mission and goals.
Creates a welcoming class environment for all fitness levels and encourages and motivates class
Answers questions from participants to support them in achieving their healthy living and wellness
Builds effective, authentic relationships with members, helps others connect with one another and to
the Wake Forest community.
Keeps accurate class attendance records.
Maintain the Group Fitness equipment and room.
Attends required trainings, workshops and staff meetings.
Participates in master classes, in-house trainings, supports campus initiatives lead by Campus Recreation
as well as other special events.
Follows Campus Recreation policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Current student of Wake Forest University
• Must obtain or maintain current CPR/AED/First Aid certification throughout duration of employment
• Must have or willing to obtain a current Fitness or Group Fitness related certification; once received
must maintain currency to remain as active staff (certifications accepted, but not limited to: ACE, AFAA,
Les Mills, Spinning®,etc)
• Willing to seek additional training or certifications as needed to enhance leadership and instruction
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and independently direct time management
• Ability to lead others creating an inclusive welcoming environment
• Energetic and outgoing personality