Tax Specialist for an established Wealth Management Firm and affiliated CPA Accountancy firm that stays busy year-round. We are seeking an experienced CPA who is diligent, resourceful and thinks strategically to prepare tax returns, calculate tax projections and oversee our QBO accounting clients.
Both firms are located in downtown Walnut Creek, CA. We seek a Tax Specialist to assist firm owner/advisor and team in delivering high-level expertise and service to a diverse client base.
Ideal candidate should possess:
* Professional license – EA or CPA (MS in Taxation a plus)
* 7+ seasons of income tax preparation and planning experience
• Ability to complete a tax return start to finish -- individual, corporate, partnership/LLC, trust, gift tax returns
• Familiarity with Lacerte tax preparation software
• Experience with QuickBooks Online\Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communications skills
• Positive attitude
Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct client interview meetings for tax preparation or planning services
• Prepare written tax projections for clients leading to proactive follow up with clients on crucial issues and tasks
• Conduct tax research to solve multitude of client situations
• Prepare a majority of the Firms tax returns during tax season and extension period, and follow up on miscellaneous client tax and accounting issues
• Respond to IRS, FTB, and BOE audit notices and requests for information
• Provide advice and strategic guidance to our business clients
• Monitor monthly QBO accounting workflow processes
This is a flexible Part-Time position. Approximately 20-32 hours a week.
Please include a cover letter that explains why you would be a good fit for the position; please include a resume and your salary requirements.