DeskMakers, Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Our purchasing manager is an instrumental part of our success. We rely on most parts arriving Just in Time so the professional management of this process is paramount. Our purchasing manager will work closely with our front office to ensure that, as we receive purchase orders from our clients, that those become purchase orders to our vendors. The right candidate will know how a factory works so that he/she can ensure that the factory has all the supplies needed to run efficiently everyday.
Please fill out our very brief online app to apply
The Purchasing departments main focus of responsibility is to:
- Maintain adequate stock levels of all materials in order to manufacture and ship orders without delay.
- Negotiate with our vendors to ensure that we are getting the price that reflects our purchasing power.
- Order materials in a timely manner to maintain stock levels.
- Ensure that materials are high quality and priced competitively.
- Ensure that vendors maintain adequate fill rates and lead times.
- Manage the outstanding Purchase Orders so that they are received and closed in a timely fashion.
In order to accomplish this efficiently, the Purchasing Manager must know the answers to the following questions:
1. What skus are on our item master, which vendors supply them and at what cost?
2. Which skus do we maintain inventory and which do we order JIT?
3. What is the lead time on delivery and how much do we use over a defined period of time?
4. What feedback do we get from the factory on the quality of a sku?
5. How many vendors can supply any sku, at what price and what terms?
6. What is the fill rate and lead time for each of our vendors?
7. What Purchase Orders are outstanding and what is their scheduled deliver date?
Key performance indicators for the shipping department are:
1. COGS as a % of sales
2. Inventory turn per year
3. In stock rate
DeskMakers is passionate about helping our customers furnish functional and beautiful office environments. We are known for our commitment to excellence in design, manufacturing, operations, and customer service.
DeskMakers, Inc.Why Work Here?
Respectful and fun atmosphere where honesty and laughter are encouraged!
DeskMakers (www.deskmakers.com) is a fast-growing manufacturer of office furniture operating and selling under two brands, DeskMakers and Scale 1:1 (scale1to1.com). We build conference room furniture, desking systems, and workstations for some of the world’s leading companies, such as Novartis, Facebook, Cartier and Zoom. Most of our products are manufactured right here at our factory in Commerce, near downtown Los Angeles, with an additional factory located in Dallas. DeskMakers is passionate about helping our customers furnish functional and beautiful office environments. We are known for our commitment to excellence in design, manufacturing, operations, and customer service.
6525 Flotilla stLos Angeles, CA