Can you proactively identify great business opportunities for strategic, cross-disciplinary design, and bring in valuable new clients and projects?
We believe in teamwork, fun, diverse perspectives and cultures, complex projects, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a likeminded Executive Director with the experience and passion to help us rid the world of crappy design – one project at a time.
Our Executive Director plays a role in shaping Designit North America’s business and growth strategy. You will be a key member of our leadership team and steer the region towards the achievement of its financial and strategic goals. Your focus will be on leading our regional sales function, and you’ll be responsible for partnering with our parent company, Wipro, and North America leadership team in elevating Designit North America’s narrative and organizational value within the larger ecosystem.
Would you like to…?
- Lead our regional sales team and work to identify, qualify, and close strategic consulting projects in partnership with our parent company, Wipro.
- Be responsible to decide which opportunities to focus on and how to best invest efforts that will deliver strategic value to our studios, market and our teams
- Work closely with the leaders of the New York and San Francisco offices to determine which studio will support and scope each sales pursuit and, ultimately, deliver the work.
- Own the primary accountability of achieving Design North America’s sales targets
- Establish and execute strategies for effectively scaling our ability to qualify and support sales leads
- "Mechanize" demand generation through use of service offerings and efficient pre-sales functions
- Lead our regional sales team, by recruiting additional sales leaders as we grow, and developing team structures and areas of focus
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, existing sales opportunities and closure likelihood
- Closely collaborate with studio leads to ensure our sales opportunities have the support needed and convey our value proposition
- Innovate and evolve sales materials (proposals, presentations, POVs) that can be leveraged by other sales leaders
- Design and collaborate with team members on the creation and presentation of pitch materials and proposals
- Participate in our DNA leadership meetings and represent the sales function in region-wide communication
We would like you to be…
- A proven leader with seasoned sales and business development experience; demonstrated experience in leading a high-performing sales team is necessary
- Based in New York or San Francisco
- Commercial-oriented and goal-driven, with a strong focus on sustainable business development
- A skilled professional with experience in leading, defining and implementing innovation or business strategies for companies across different industries
- Confident and well versed in the value design can bring to products, services, people and organizations
- Well-versed in digital transformation practices that are typical for large, global IT services companies, and envision the critical role that design can play in engagements
- Someone who promotes and embraces a culture of learning and advocacy, and celebrates diversity
- Very comfortable in a consulting role, and previous experience an agency/consulting or comparable environment is preferred
- Someone with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Able to use market research, business analytics, and ingenuity to identify opportunities, insights, problems, unmet needs, trends, connections, partnerships, and technologies that can be tapped and turned into innovative new products, brands and services.
- A clear and constructively focused leader and collaborator
- Someone with a ‘here to help’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better together
Would you like to join an organization that…
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us!
- Introduces weekly inspiration sessions, which includes speakers from inside and outside of Designit.
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy.
- Works and collaborates remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees, so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, you can get in touch with our People Partner, Michelle Hernandez, at firstname.lastname@example.org. But just a heads up, we can’t process applications sent by e-mail, so when you’re ready to apply please use the Apply button.
As soon as possible.
We’re ready to wait for the perfect candidate.
Hit the Apply button! But before you do here’s a few insights on our application process. (https://designit.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/New-York/Executive-Director--Sales-_0394)
- We’d like a quick idea of who you are, and the work you’re proud of, so share your portfolio with us (if you have one) and your CV, LinkedIn profile or similar.
- Even if you use LinkedIn to apply with, you should add it to ‘Websites’ in your application for us to see it.
- No cover letter or lengthy essay is needed, we’ll get to know you through some questions in the application form.
- Please apply in English, as that is our main language in Designit.
Thanks! And if you’ve read all this way through, please include a spaceship emoji in your answers to let us know. We like you already.
New York, NY