Job Title: Manufacturing Line Worker (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Designetics, Inc. designs and manufactures fluid application products that are customized to clients’ processes. For the Manufacturing Line Worker position, the ideal candidate would enjoy being a part of the process of making fluid applicators. As long as you meet the qualifications for the position and are eager to learn about our process, we will teach you the rest.
· You are self-motivated.
· You like working individually and as a team to accomplish goals.
· You enjoy detail work and tasks that require precision.
· You take projects on as your own.
· You love to learn.
• Socially responsible and ethical conduct: acting with honesty and integrity, supporting human rights and the community, and protecting the environment.
• Fluent and literate in English.
• Able to constantly pay attention to detail.
• Ability to:
o Follow written and verbal instruction in English
o Write legibly in English
o Read a ruler in both millimeters and inches
o Work with a sense of urgency as a self-motivated individual
Production employees and temporary employees could be asked to work in the following areas as needed.
o Train and become competent on all parts assembled.
o Complete quality inspections to ensure adherence to product specification.
o Follow assembly instructions, specifications, and parts list to ensure that parts, materials, and tools are correct.
o Maneuver small hand-held and stationary automated tools to assemble fluid application systems.
• General responsibilities
o Abide by all procedures according to measurement and product conformity.
o Create a work area that is error free to prevent rework at any point.
o Maintain a clean work area.
o Willing and able to work overtime as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds (infrequent).
• Proper vision - able to fully view close and distant objects.
• Manual dexterity in order to assemble small parts (that may only measure a couple millimeters in length/width).
• Finger nails must be trimmed to a reasonable length to ensure ability of use when grabbing and adjusting felt.
• Comfortable with sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Able to look down for extended periods of time.
• Able to repetitively push down and apply pressure on machine components or manual tools.
• Able to occasionally bend, squat, kneel, twist, and turn.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and general hours of work are from Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime may often be scheduled between 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday overtime from 5 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. is possible. We also have part-time production positions available.
Designetics, Inc. will only accept applications from individuals authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why Work Here?With over 30 years of industry experience, Designetics has designed and manufactured thousands of patented flow application systems to meet a wide range of specifications for applying primers, adhesives, sealants and other materials with varying viscosity characteristics to just about any type of surface. Because Designetics Flow Application Systems are closed, they provide a high degree of environmental protection and chemical control, virtually eliminating noxious fumes. By addressing many of these issues, Designetics applicators save time and money by increasing productivity, worker safety, and environmental protection all while decreasing worker training, masking and cleanup.
Designetics is a growing company with excellent benefits and a culture dedicated to respect and innovation.