Design Management Company West Palm Beach, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Architecture practice is one of the foremost residential firms in West Palm Beach, recognized by the industry and clients for the high-level of passion and service that it brings to every project. Clients come to the firm for the value-based design that is aesthetically appealing while functionally sensible. We prefer a Florida State licensed Architect to support this practice and MUST HAVE SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCE IN FLORIDA.
Duties and Responsibilities for Project Architect:
- Exhibits thorough understanding of design philosophy of projects and provides input in developing a design strategy relative to assigned task or area or responsibility.
- Demonstrates creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Contributes to team effort through the spirit of cooperation.
- Demonstrates professional leadership qualities and ethics.
- Checks, coordinates and integrates work with other project team members.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of local building and zoning codes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents during all project phases.
- Performs material and building systems research and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings and samples under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Prepares punch-lists and field observation reports under periodic supervision of an assigned supervisor.
- Provides major input and management of project document control tasks.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
Qualifications for Project Architect:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree (accredited degree preferred) program.
- Licensed to practice architecture in the State of Florida preferred.
- Excellent design and graphic presentation skills a must. Experience with Residential and Light Commercial project documentation is required.
- Computer skills in PowerPoint, Photoshop and Sketch-up a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years total hands on professional experience; experience in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials preferable.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital modeling and rendering programs, and Photoshop preferred.
- Interested in working with teams on refined architectural design.
- Three to five years of field construction experience, including detailing and coordination.
- LEED professional accreditation a plus.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
To apply for this Project Architect position, please submit your resume, sample portfolio (which must demonstrate specific experience required) and references, as outlined below.
All experience, references and statements related to your application or candidacy are presumed to be truthful and accurate and are subject to validation. Providing false or misleading information, or omitting relevant information, may be grounds for the withdrawal of any application or candidacy. References from former peers and colleagues, rather than the employer itself, may be deemed insufficient and additional information may be required. Design Management Company has sole and exclusive discretion to determine whether the information provided by a candidate is sufficient.
Design Management Company
AddressWest Palm Beach, FL
TechnologyView all jobs at Design Management Company