Title: Powersports/ Motorcycle Market Segment Manager
Reports to: Vice President
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Bonus (Unlimited earning potential)
Supervises: External Reps
Level of Supervision: Minimal
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio 44012 (15 miles West of Cleveland)
About Design Engineering, Inc:
We are a heat and sound control company that got its start in the hi-performance auto parts market. For over 24 years we have been steadily growing by helping enthusiasts solve heat and sound related problems. Over the years we have expanded our reach into the powersports, 12 Volt/Car Stereo, Military and Marine markets. We are a family owned business that understands that we need to take care of our people as if they are family. We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We have a generous 401k matching program, profit sharing program as well as an escalating paid time off plan. We pride ourselves on fun and rewarding environment where success is rewarded. We are always looking for good people that understand that taking care of the customer will always drive success.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred
· Effectively communicates both verbally and in written form
· Formal presentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
· Ability to identify and realize new opportunities.
· Ability to identify marketing program opportunities and achieve market success.
· Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment
· Strong goal / results orientation.
· Effective time management
- Project management & Problem solving skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. This position requires the ability to handle face-to-face discussions with co-workers, customers and vendors in a tactful and professional manner.
Purpose of the Job / Position Summary:
The Powersports / Motorcycle Market Segment Manager’s responsibilities include driving top line revenue growth for the assigned market segment which includes motorcycle, personal watercraft, ATV, snowmobile and marine. You will develop and execute the strategic plans for the segment and work closely with all internal groups, including Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Shipping Operations. This position requires experience in the motorcycle/powersports market and strong product background and communication skills. The individual reports to VP Sales & Marketing and will initiate new product development strategies, development of customer value propositions, marketing programs and service strategies. It is critical that you have the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and drive initiatives.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include building and development of new business, assisting the field sales team, identifying market and competitive trends, developing and refining relevant business value propositions to match these trends, as well as, developing marketing strategies and programs to drive growth in the segment.
· Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the segment.
- Research and implement approved new products into appropriate product line.
- Assist in development of sales support literature, point-of-purchase displays, catalog layout and other forms of sales support material – both print and electronic.
- Provide technical support to consumers and distributors as needed.
- Attend and participate in trade and consumer events and setting up show displays
- Off-site customer training as directed.
- Ability to sell consumer direct at various automotive and powersports related events
- Prepare and update installation instructions, technical information, FAQ’s and MSDS.
- Prepare and provide input for company website and viral marketing initiatives.
- Remain flexible to change and support / suggest new ways of conducting business
· Monitor and assess competitive information and maintain product cross references and price comparisons.
· Continue to develop ways to grow existing base of customers.
- Perform other tasks and/or related duties as assigned.