Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports to: Market segment manager
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Bonus (Unlimited earning potential)
Level of Supervision: Moderate
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio 44012 (15 miles West of Cleveland)
About Design Engineering, Inc:
We are a heat and sound Control Company that got its start in the hi-performance auto parts market. For over 24 years we have been steadily growing by helping enthusiasts solve heat and sound related problems. Over the years we have expanded our reach into the powersports, 12 Volt/Car Stereo, Military and Marine markets. We are a family owned business that understands that we need to take care of our people as if they are family. We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We have a generous 401k matching program, profit sharing program as well as an escalating paid time off plan. We pride ourselves on fun and rewarding environment where success is rewarded. Opportunities for
growth within the company are expanding continually as we evolve. We are always looking for good people that understand that taking care of the customer will always drive our success.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Associate degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in written form
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- MS Office efficiency
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and realize new opportunities.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong goal / results orientation.
- Effective time management
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. This position requires the ability to handle face-to-face discussions with co-workers, customers and vendors in a tactful and professional manner.
Purpose of the Job / Position Summary:
As an Inside Sales Rep your responsibilities will include increasing sales volume of assigned existing accounts while cultivating new accounts, New account leads may be generated from website, phone ins, trade shows or good old fashioned hunting. You will be responsible for helping your accounts with any issues that may arise.
- Answering technical phone calls from consumers and businesses.
- Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the segment.
- Be on the lookout for new product ideas.
- Provide technical support to consumers and distributors as needed.
- Attend and participate in trade and consumer events and setting up show displays
- Ability to sell consumer direct at various automotive and powersports related events
- Provide input for company website and viral marketing initiatives.
- Remain flexible to change and support / suggest new ways of conducting business
- Monitor and assess competitive information and maintain product cross references and price comparisons.
- Continue to develop ways to grow existing base of customers.
- Perform other tasks and/or related duties as assigned.