Title: 12 Volt / Car Stereo Market Segment Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Sales / Marketing
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Bonus (Unlimited Earning Potential)
Supervises: Contract Reps
Level of Supervision: Minimal
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio 44012 (15 miles West of Cleveland)
About Design Engineering, Inc:
We are a heat and sound Control Company that got its start in the hi-performance auto parts market. For over 24 years we have been steadily growing by helping enthusiasts solve heat and sound related problems. Over the years we have expanded our reach into the powersports, 12 Volt/Car Stereo, Military and Marine markets. We are a family owned business that understands that we need to take care of our people as if they are family. We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We have a generous 401k matching program, profit sharing program as well as an escalating paid time off plan. We pride ourselves on fun and rewarding environment where success is rewarded. We are always looking for good people that understand that taking care of the customer will always drive success.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferre
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in written form
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and realize new opportunities
- Ability to identify marketing program opportunities and achieve market success.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong goal / results orientation.
- Effective time management
- Project management & Problem solving skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. This position requires the ability to handle face-to-face discussions with co-workers, customers and vendors in a tactful and professional manner. Travel is required to customers, shows, events.
Purpose of the Job / Position Summary:
The Market Segment Manager’s responsibilities include driving top line revenue growth for the assigned market segment in our business. You will develop and execute the strategic plan for the segment. This person will work closely with all internal groups, including Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Operations. This position requires strong sales back ground and communication skills. The individual reports to VP Sales & Marketing and will initiate new product development strategies, development of customer value propositions, marketing programs, service strategies. It is critical that you have the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and drive initiatives.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include building and development of new business, assisting the field sales team, identifying market and competitive trends, developing and refining relevant business value propositions to match these trends, as well as, developing marketing strategies and programs to drive growth in the segment.
- Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the segment.
- Understand needs of core customers as well as emerging customers who have the potential for future growth.
- Identify market and competitive trends that are impacting segment customers and those that are seen as opportunities for new business.
- Develop marketing programs for the segment and works with advertising agency and marketing colleagues to execute marketing plans.
- Execute strategic market analysis that clearly defines growth opportunities within the segment.
- Identify segment opportunities, develop strategies, value proposition, product positioning and marketing programs to differentiate DEI from the competition and drive revenue growth.
- Continue to develop and grow our existing base of customers by further penetrating customers.
- Leverage internal and external resources to deliver compelling integrated marketing programs that include online and offline collateral, advertising, PR, sales tool kits and training.
- Develop a process to gather and communicate appropriate competitive intelligence to drive strategy development and educate the field on marketplace dynamics.
- Participate in the preparation of company strategic plans.