Information Technology Support
Desert View Schools Yuma, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Title: Network Support Specialist
This position is Exempt with no supervisory responsibilities
The Network support specialist will respond to routine student technology problems including password resets, learning center equipment starts, and classroom technology installation and operation. As part of their functions they will assist the school staff with overall technology operation including internet connectivity. They will apply continuous improvement concepts; use computers and common e-mail and office software; apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions; solve practical problems and deal with various situations that may arise. He/she will apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions for issues involving technology.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Must be able to effectively manage daily operation of school educational and systems technology as required by the Desert View Schools Model.
· Resolve network related issues i.e.: internet connectivity, printers and resources and responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of staff and student computers including loading and unloading of operating systems and application software
· Managing user accounts through Active Directory i.e.: unlocking accounts, password resets, updating information etc. and strictly adhere to Desert View Schools policies regarding software licensing and asset deployment
· Participate in after hours on call rotation for network support and provide remote administrative and trouble-shooting support
· Administer, repair and troubleshoot wireless communication devices, often with little or no supervision. Must be a self-starter and be proactive in the approach to support the network of Desert View Schools.
· Must be able to effectively interact with staff and administration in order to assist in technology needs and have the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive materials
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and have the ability to prioritize based on the organization’s needs as well as the Chief of Information Technology priorities
· Work with PC hardware vendors to schedule replacement of failed components and comply with Desert View School’s applicable procedures for maintaining official records and equipment usages.
Essential physical functions and working conditions
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be mobile and to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· This job exposes the employee to repetitive motion for at least 50% of the job
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
· Must be able to traverse whenever necessary to fulfill the needs of the position including but not limited walking within the school and to the District Office
· Must be able to operate a computer and other electronic devices which will require repetitive motions
· Must be able to position yourself to assist staff, students or other duties as assigned
· Must be able to communicate with students and co-workers and administration, this is both by being able to talk and to hear and be able to observe your surroundings
· May need to transport boxes, computer equipment and any other equipment necessary to fulfill the essential functions of the job
· Exposure to working conditions: the job primarily is indoors so exposure to florescent lighting and other elements typical in a school setting. May also be exposed to outdoor elements when performing outside job responsibilities
Desert View SchoolsWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits, Great Atmosphere!
3777 W 16th StYuma, AZ
TechnologyView all jobs at Desert View Schools