Food & Beverage Intern (May - August)
Desert Mountain Club Scottsdale, AZ
- Posted: 16 days ago
Join our internship program and learn from one of the largest and most beautiful private country clubs in North America, Desert Mountain Club, as a Food & Beverage Intern!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience throughout every department in order to experience all aspects of Club operations with a focus on food and beverage.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a great attitude, a drive to learn, and strong work ethic. Candidates must be a a recent graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited hospitality program.
LIFE ON THE MOUNTAIN
Join a top 15, 5-Star Platinum Club of America and be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rewarding experience PLUS enjoy excellent benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- FREE onsite medical clinic to all employees & their dependents
- FREE employee meals during shifts
- FREE golf and tennis
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retail discounts
- Pet insurance
- Employee uniforms provided
*Please note, benefits are dependent on your DOL Status (ex. Full-Time, Part-Time, Seasonal).
We believe our employees are our greatest asset and are committed to fostering a culture of care, respect, and positivity with a sincere focus on the safety, health, and personal and professional growth of every employee. If you’re looking to join an incredible team, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
- Assist managers and team members in all seven restaurants.
- Assist Catering & Banquets team with wedding and event coordination, business functions, receptions, committee meetings, wine tastings and cooking classes.
- Assist the Golf team with tournaments, reservations and retail.
- Assist in Member Services (Club Concierge Team), making reservations, promoting on-property events and assisting members/guests with travel arrangements, local dining suggestions, transportation, etc.
- Participate in management training sessions, Banquet & Catering meetings and Food & Beverage meetings.
- Participate in CMAA Southwest Chapter meetings in local area.
- Tour area clubs to network and benchmark on a variety of topics and interests.
- Practice three steps of service - warm welcome, friendly compliance and fond farewell - in every department.
- Use member name recognition.
- Maintain high level member/guest experiences at all times while keeping in mind we are family serving family.
- Constantly train and develop Club operations knowledge.
- Assist fellow team members as situations arise.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Uses L.A.S.T. when solving challenges - Listen, Apologize, Solve, and Thank.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Required to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Desert Mountain Club is one of the finest private residential communities in the world featuring world-class golf, indulgent amenities, and curated experiences. It is a private country club open to on and offsite property residents located in the elevated foothills of the beautiful Sonoran Desert in North Scottsdale, Arizona. The club spans across 8,000 acres featuring:
- Seven signature golf courses (six of which are Jack Nicklaus & an all new par 54 championship course)
- Seven distinctive clubhouses – each with its own unique restaurant plus banquets
- An award-winning spa and fitness center
- Spectacular swim and tennis facility
- Dozens of hiking and biking trails
- Horseback riding
- Luxury camping at The Ranch
Our mission is that we will provide our members and employees with an exceptional experience consistent with our vision to be the finest club and community for golf and recreational lifestyle activities in North America.