Part Time Group Exercise Instructor and Fitness Trainer
Desert Highlands Golf Club Scottsdale, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Desert Highlands Association/Golf Club is looking to grow their Fitness Team and make it even more awesome than it already is! In search of Part Time Group Exercise Instructor/Fitness Trainers. Must have a can do attitude, great customer service skills, and a desire to enhance the fitness and wellness of our members and their guests! Background working in a Fitness/Wellness environment a plus!Position Purpose and Objectives
An ideal candidate for this hybrid role will provide an exciting but safe group exercise class and training sessions in a variety of formats. Members and guests should feel invigorated, entertained and confident that the exercise experience was thorough and high in quality. As an instructor, may use music, choreography and tools in any manner, as long as safety is a foremost consideration with modifications and next level options. As a trainer, provide and adhere to policies and procedures through proper assessment protocol to help our members attain their personal fitness goalsEssential Position Functions
- Provides outstanding service to our members and their guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Instructor will greet all members and guests and offer brief overview of the class.
- Manages scheduling of personal clientele lessons.
- Administers fitness assessments, develops exercise prescriptions and provides individual training for members and guests while using proper filing systems.
- Screens new members and guests as to health history. Obtains medical clearance from physician or therapist for members prior to training.
- Responsible for overall safety and cleanliness of work environment.
- Reports all problems and issues to the coordinator.
- Instructor / trainer must clock in and be prepared to begin and end class on time.
- Instructor is responsible for having classes covered for holidays, illness and vacation. If having difficulty, enlists the help of fitness coordinator or director.
- Instructor/trainer should report all feedback from members and guests to the Fitness Coordinator.
- Enforces Club Rules & Regulations and proper etiquette is adhered to by members and guests.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings.
- Expected to help cover classes when needed.
- Promotes activities and functions offered throughout the Club.
- Instructor should help ensure participants are registered for class by checking with attendant or coordinator to see that everyone is signed in.
- This position guide does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Associates holding this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Ability to create fun cardiovascular exercise routines to tone and develop the body and increase coordination, motor skills, flexibility and endurance.
- Ability to teach a variety of classes in a group setting, usually to music, i.e. step, hi/low impact, circuit, water exercise, (aerobic and non-aerobic classes) body sculpt and yoga.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy weights for members/guests.
- No immediate supervisory rolls but always a great team player.
- The work environment is primarily the Aerobic Studio or the Pool.
- An Aerobic Instructor may also lead fitness walks or classes outdoors.
- The noise level may be moderate to high due to volume of music.
- The instructor should be prepared to exert considerable energy in leading a group exercise class, although an instructor is not required to do all movements.
- The instructor may talk, walk, run, swim in water, jump, and stretch on the floor in various positions.
Education and Training
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Prefer at least a two year college degree with strong science background.
- Recognized certification: NASM, ACSM, ACE, Cooper Clinic, AFAA.
- Should have at least two years experience with broad background teaching a variety of classes a training a wide range of clientele.
- CPR certified.
- Prefer first aid certified.
- Must be an effective communicator with a calm disposition.
- Energetic personality.
- Highly motivated individual
- Should be able to resolve most member/guest issues.
- Support and promote the benefits of health and wellness and integrate all aspects of our offerings.
Desert Highlands Golf Club
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Desert Highlands Golf Club