At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers' Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Deschutes.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to lead the Company's procurement team. This position will be responsible for securing suppliers that meet or exceed service, delivery and quality standards with the best overall value. This is a leadership role and successful candidates must have strong problem solving and independent decision-making skills. This position is based out of Bend, OR (due to Covid-19, this position is temporarily remote).
What You'll be Doing:
- Maintain, review and negotiate contracts for both new and existing vendors
- Prepare cost/benefit and comparative analysis of suppliers
- Prepare cost estimates and manage assigned budgets
- Manage supplier performance and create action plans to address those that underperform
- Provide material and supplies projections to key suppliers to ensure product availability on a timely basis
- Assist with new product development costing
- Manage direct reports; set department performance goals, manage individual performance and execution of work
- Train new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers to understand material and equipment specifications as well as their quality, delivery, and service needs
- Collaborate with department and business unit managers to establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts and lead times for all materials, POS and supplies
- Run RFP's for inventory related projects
What You'll need for this Position:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, purchasing, management, accounting or finance AND minimum of five years' related procurement experience; OR equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training
- Minimum of one year supervisory and management experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and data mining
- Sound understanding of supply chain procedures
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.