Beertender/Tour Guide - Deschutes Brewery Tasting Room
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Deschutes Brewery Tasting Room team is currently recruiting for Beertenders/Tour Guides! This position is responsible for first impressions of Deschutes Brewery, and providing extraordinary experiences by celebrating the culture of craft beer and Deschutes Brewery through tours, retail sales and greeting groups.
We are currently hiring for multiple openings. The Tasting Room is open Monday-Thursday 12pm-6pm, Friday-Sunday 12pm-7pm. Most schedules are part-time, but full time hours may be available based on business needs!
Individuals hired may be assigned to a specific focus area, however may perform all duties as listed below.
What You'll be Doing:
- Welcoming guests to Deschutes Brewery
- Serving draft beer and sample trays to guests in Tasting Room
- Curbside Pick-up, order management and delivery to waiting vehicles, including keg sales and OLCC paperwork
- Leading groups of people on tours of the facility, private tastings, and classes
- Executing opening and closing duties of the Tasting Room, which may include cleaning draft towers, setting up stools and tables, restocking merchandise, or opening cash drawers
- Support an inclusive and equitable workplace and follow all Deschutes Brewery practices, policies, and procedures to ensure a respectful and welcoming work environment for all
- Other related duties as assigned
What's In It For You?
- Starting pay is $14.50-$15.50/hour depending on experience + tip pool (tips average $4-$7/hour on top of base pay depending on season)
- All positions eligible for paid sick leave
- Being part of one of the best (and award winning!) Breweries in Central Oregon!
- Up to 50% discounts at Keen, Ruffwear, Outdoor Research, HydroFlask, Boot Barn, Dovetail Workwear, and more!!
- And of course - FREE BEER!
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Must be able to speak in front of groups of up to 20 people and comfortable communicating in a group setting with diverse groups/folks from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to remain calm and enthusiastic in a high stress/busy environment
- Valid OLCC Servers Permit
- Passion for craft beer, and enthusiasm to learn more
- Must have consistent weekend availability
- Previous experience in the service industry or other customer-facing role
- Previous experience in an administrative or 'front desk' role
- Previous experience in managing Social Media preferred
- Experience in helping merchandise a retail business a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/ASL) preferred
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TourismView all jobs at Deschutes Brewery
Get fresh Beertender/Tour Guide - Deschutes Brewery Tasting Room jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.