Mobile Developer( IOS, SWIFT)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 147,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
Reporting to the VP, Mobile Development, the Mobile Applications Developer will be a key member of the mobile development team whose primary responsibility will be the development, enhancement and maintenance of Descartes mobile solutions. The candidate will work in a fast-paced work environment focused on delivering critical features involving leading-edge web technologies.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform using Swift.
- Mentor other iOS developers on the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Expertise developing large-scale mobile IOS applications, with technologies like SWIFT or Xamarin
- Solid understanding of relational database technology covering design, queries, transactions, stored procedures, triggers, constrains and optimization.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns Experience
- Three or more years of professional mobile IOS development experience
- Have a high standard in code quality and practices
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Proven experience with Swift and Apple design patterns
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organization skills to maintain quality and delivery timelines for multiple releases and features.
- Proven ability to deliver complete product features, from design to release
- Must have the flexibility to work varied hours as required.
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
Owings Mills, MD, US, or Waterloo, Mississauga, North York Ontario
Descartes Systems (USA) LLC, inclusive of any of its American subsidiaries (Descartes), is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Descartes Systems (USA) LLCWhy Work Here?
Growing company, flexibility, opportunities for growth.
Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed. We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.