Water is the new oil. Worldwide demand is ever increasing – not just because of an increasing population – but also because it is an integral component used in producing nearly every product we consume or use in our daily lives. Industrial applications require a water quality beyond even our drinking water, so it must be purified before going into our food and beverage, pharmaceuticals or cosmetics, or before it’s used to produce our electric power, gasoline, cars, paper and textiles, plastic, metal, or even the microprocessors used in our favorite devices.
Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies such as Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, Microsoft, Southern California Edison, and Kimberly Clark to boost their financial, environmental, and operational competitiveness; creating a paradigm shift in water efficiency and reliability.
Desalitech is an enterprise tech startup, with the advantage of being the only disrupting player in a gigantic and hugely important market sector. We are doubling our sales yearly, winning every possible award, including the “best place to work” in the global water industry, and we strive to truly change the world (while making a lot of money in that process).
If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company that is making a real positive impact. If you thrive on working in a fast paced, exciting environment, and are ready to make a major difference within the organization, then you may excel at Desalitech.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-proposal review of client bid specifications and preparations of both exception lists and design changes necessary to meet the specifications
- Design of complex water treatment and Reverse Osmosis system to company and customer specifications
- Piping and Skid 3D design
- Client site visits to determine any design modifications necessary to meet site requirements
- Update existing product drawings and CAD models
- Structural analysis & stress analysis
- Work on manufacturing packages with BOM for contractors
- Inspect contractor mechanical work during a manufacturing process
- Develop mechanical engineering standards and building standard libraries
- Develop welding procedure specifications for all fabrications
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Mechanical Engineer BSc/MSc
- At least 3 years of experience in piping design and Structural Supports
- Experience with 2D CAD and drafting programs: AutoCAD, DraftSight.
- Experience with 3D CAD design and analysis programs: Inventor, Solid Works
- Experienced in the water treatment industry – advantage
- Previous work portfolio
- Good communication skills, ability to work with teams
- Job may require traveling and high responsiveness (sometimes during non-conventional hours due to different time zones of customers)
- A High standard of quality and attention to detail
Our beliefs are VERY important to us, and we only want to work with like-minded people. Please review at our “PURE WATER” beliefs here.
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits: health, dental, vision insurance, 401-k, life insurance, paid time off
- A fun workplace and team with unique challenges every day
- Opportunity to help the water industry’s most innovative company solve one of the world’s most pressing problems. Help us change the world!
More About Desalitech:
The world is running out of available water, infrastructures are aging, and awareness is building. All these macro drivers are aligning in favor of high efficiency water treatment, reuse, and desalination. Today the leading technology that addresses those challenges is old, inherently inefficient, and not very reliable.
Desalitech’s disruptive and patented water purification and reuse product line greatly reduces treatment costs while streamlining & stabilizing customers’ operations. Since opening its US offices in 2013, Desalitech has helped companies, including Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, Archer Daniels Midland, and other Fortune 500 companies, save significant amounts of water, energy and money. In that process, it has built a stellar team and won major industry awards, including the “Breakthrough Water Tech Company of the Year 2016”, “Aquatech Innovation Award 2017 – Water Treatment”, “2017 Best Place to Work in Water Industry”.