- Coordinate scheduling of patient appointments.
- Interview patients and document chief complaints.
- Perform a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments.
- Assist the physician during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures.
- Assist the physician with patient education pertaining to the treatment prescribed.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant who is a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program willing to train as an Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification not required but preferable.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult clients.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others including but not limited to the physician and other employees.
- Computer skills and ability to work with an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system and Practice Management System.
- Knowledge of Ocular Diseases and Systemic Diseases affecting the eye.
- Knowledge of ultrasound and visual field machines.
- Knowledge of basic eye care and hygienic methods and practices involving the treatment of the eye.
- Knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
We are a boutique ophthalmology practice located in Lafayette, LA. At Desai Eye Care, we are passionate about your eyes and vision. Our goal is to provide excellence in eye care – both medical and surgical – laden with compassionate care and delivered by a first-class team of highly trained individuals. Our mission is to diagnose, treat, and care for not only our patients’ eyes but also their health and quality of life. We employ the latest in technology, evidence-based medicine, and highly skilled physicians to provide our community of family, friends, and neighbors with the best possible care for their vision. We take every opportunity to connect with our patients, educate our patients, and learn about their goals so that we can provide the best outcomes for their lifestyles. To serve is truly a privilege and we are blessed with the purpose of improving lives through sight.
Desai Eye Care