- Posted: October 31, 2022
- $14 Hourly
ABOUT US: The Des Plaines Park District, established in 1919, features more than 50 parks and facilities. As an Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency, we service a culturally diverse and growing community with hundreds of affordable recreational and educational programs, classes, and events for kids, teens, adults, and families each season. "Enriching Lives Everyday" is our vision and our constant goal.
Job Title: Deck Attendant-Golf Center
Grade: II- $14.00/hour
Department: Revenue Facilities
Reports to: Superintendent of Revenue Facilities Golf and Facilities Supervisor
BASIC FUNCTION: The Deck Attendant is responsible for customer service and minor maintenance on the driving range decks. Prompt service and the ability to understand the Golf Center automatic tee up and the conveyor system is required.
- Provide exceptional customer service on decks.
- Check the short game area, grass tees, and course on a regular basis.
- Prepare all mats and stations for use.
- Check grass tee area and straighten whenever necessary. Fill divots if present.
- Check short game area and prepare for use. Clean all balls from the area when there is no starter
- Complete daily reports accurately and neatly. Turn them in to Front Desk.
- Remain on decks to serve customer needs and ensure patron safety.
- Fix minor errors to hit stations.
- Check ball boxes and conveyors on a regular basis.
- Minor custodian work including; cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and cleaning windows and decks.
- Clean and straighten decks. Check and clean bathrooms as needed.
- Empty trash from garbage cans on decks.
- Empty ashtray inside and outside of building.
- Work cohesively with Front Desk.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Education: Less than Highs School
Experience: Must be at least 16 years old
No prior work experience required
Certifications: No certificates required
PERKS & BENEFITS: PART TIME STAFF
- All recreational facilities at no charge during active employment, discounts for dependents
- A free individual outdoor pool pass to three aquatic facilities, or family pass at 50% discount
- A free annual or monthly fitness center and/or indoor aquatic center pass
- Rent meeting/party spaces at 50% discount
- No charge for general programs/pre-registration (some exclusions apply)
- Contractual classes/programs at a discounted rate
- All golf facilities at no charge including Golf Center Golf Course, Lake Park, and Mountain View Adventure Center
Des Plaines Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Des Plaines Park District ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. If you need any special accommodations, please contact our HR Coordinator, Vanessa Torres, at the Park District at 847-391-5099 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may make the necessary arrangements for you.Employment Type: PART_TIME
Des Plaines Park District
353 N River RoadDes Plaines, IL
TourismView all jobs at Des Plaines Park District
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?