Full Time Medical Assistant (certified) for busy specialty office
We'll be busier than ever after this pandemic and a great team looks forward to you joining them to meet that demand. You'll work as a valued team member within the practice to support physicians and physician assistants in providing optimal medical care for our patients by responding to all patient needs and concerns in a caring, timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients pleasantly and escort from waiting room to exam/surgery room.
- Take patient histories and accurately and appropriately document in patient's EMR, according to office policy.
- Prepare patient and room for provider's exam/surgery.
- Assist provider, as needed, in exam/surgery.
- Responsible for patient education.
- Responsible for proper handling and submission of biopsies per office protocols.
- Under the direction of the provider, inform patients of biopsy results and schedule follow up treatments.
- Maintain biopsy and malignancy logs, according to office policy.
- Ensure adequate medical supply inventory and stock clinical areas appropriately.
- Comply with Universal Precautions and OSHA Requirements.
- Comply with all office policies and procedures to maintain confidentiality and integrity of each medical record.
- Perform any and all other duties as required to provide optimal patient care
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Competencies
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings
- Reliable form of transportation to all office locations, as scheduled
- Ability to interact with multiple providers and staff members
- Professional telephone mannerism
- Ability to handle responsibilities without direct supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge/experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred
- Ability to follow established office procedures, with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required - High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Preferred - RCMA/CCMA/CMA licensure
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance offered after 30 days
- 401K and profit sharing eligibility after 1 year
- Generous uniform allowance
- 7 paid holidays
Dermatology Associates of York
Why Work Here?
Come be a part of our valued team.