Accounts Receivable Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF NORTHERN KENTUCKY. - COMPANY OVERVIEW
Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky was established in 1970 with a goal of providing high quality patient care with ample time for each patient. Today Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky continues that practice, preferring to schedule fewer patients as to not compromise their standards. Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky offers a range of services for all age groups, including general and pediatric dermatology, dermatologic surgery, Mohs Micrographic surgery, laser and cosmetic procedures, and Dermatopathology. Teamwork and patient education are integral parts of this philosophy. The doctors, physician extenders, and staff strive to offer friendly, efficient, and attentive care.
Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky is seeking a Accounts Receivable Representative. The AR Representative performs billing and accounts activities that will maximize insurance reimbursement and promote faster payments.
- Demonstrates commitment to the quality philosophy and values of DANK by maintaining established policies and procedures, organizational objectives, process improvement, and safety standards.
- Demonstrates the DANK philosophy of patients first in all interpersonal relations.
- Performs extensive claims follow up activities, utilizing the current PM system.
- Investigates, analyzes, and resolves problematic and delinquent insurance claims.
- Reviews insurance receivable and notifies Manager of potential problems.
- Utilizes clinical applications, payer websites and other systems as a research tool to retrieve medical documentation, patient eligibility information, billing guidelines, patient referrals, and procedure code authorizations to substantiate corrected claims submissions, written appeals, and coding reviews.
- Must be able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks.
- Produces an acceptable volume of work while yielding quality results.
- Comprehends Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) functionality and the general progression of data in the PM system and EDI systems (Clearinghouse).
- Understands and resolves payer edits and rejections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPC codes, CCI edits and HIPAA regulations.
- Interacts effectively with internal and external customers via telephone or email.
- Drafts professionally written appeal letters to overturn denied claims.
- Responds to carrier requests for medical documentation and other source documents.
- Provides detailed and accurate follow up on reports and projects.
- Remains abreast of carrier updates regarding claim submissions, claim appeals, grievance procedures and policy changes.
- Perform other duties as necessary to help support office operations.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of referral and authorization process
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of third-party healthcare reimbursement regulations, CMS, ICD-10-CM and CPT coding.
- Education/Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years of accounts receivable experience in a health care organization is recommended.
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Finger dexterity, clerical perception, motor coordination, eye-hand coordination, visual acuity, talking, sitting, handling, hearing, balancing, repetitive motions, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, light carrying, lifting and pulling.
*Full-Time and Part-Time positions available. Part-time schedule would be 2-3 days per week.
*Dermatology Associates recognizes the importance of diversity within our workforce, board structure, and programming. Diversity is at the heart of our mission to grow and connect a diverse network of leaders who can serve as catalysts for sustaining a vibrant Northern Kentucky community.
Dermatology Associates is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky