Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking Food Service Technicians. The Food Service Technician’s primary responsibility is to Assist the Food Service Manager and Director in executing all food service contracts. Travel is associated with all contract work. Secondary responsibilities also include assisting with food service equipment management with help from the Food Service Specialist (FSM).
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform preparation and cooking for high volume food service
- Perform a versatile cooking skillset (frying, roasting, grilling, sautéing, braising, baking, steaming, etc.)
- Capable of preparing a variety of food genres (Italian, Mexican, Chinese, American, Southern, etc.)
- Assist in performance of HACCP program
- Perform basic math for portioning and food waste management
- Communicates well with Food Service Manager to ensure proper quantity and quality of meals are ready at service time.
- Perform safe and proficient knife skills
- Perform equipment sanitation and maintenance where applicable
- Maintain high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions
- Perform proper labeling and storage of PHFs (potentially hazardous food)
- Performs all duties assigned by the Food Service Manager
- Perform all duties with a pleasant attitude towards staff and customers alike
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communications skills
- Possess a current ServSafe certificate or equivalent federally recognizes health and sanitation program
- Thorough understanding of quality customer food service and preparation of a variety of nutritional meals from different cultural backgrounds.
None at this time.
This job operates in office, facility, and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow) as operations occur in all areas of the country with potential for overseas travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Temporary Contract position with work performed on an as needed basis, and hours vary depending on contract needs. Flexibility is required of all candidates for both scheduling and duties assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
This position requires up to 100% travel. Travel is dependent on contract load and disaster response. Ability to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time based on contract needs is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 2 years experience in large scale government dining facility operations or equivalent operations, or in the restaurant industry.
- Knowledgeable in inventory control. HACCP, TB MED-530, FDA and U.S Department of Health and Human Services Food Code standards.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel CONUS
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, age, marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record and/or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.