Supervisory Travel Counselor / Federal Government
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Department of the Navy Federal Supervisory Financial Technician // Supervisory Travel Counselor
Work Schedule: Full-time
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
You will serve as a Supervisory Travel Counselor/Financial Technician, in the Comptroller’s Office in Virginia Beach, VA. The purpose of this position is to create domestic and international travel arrangements for Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel including commercial air, hotel, rail, ground transportation and official TDY orders for military and civilian personnel.
· Full understanding of Global Distribution System (GDS) preferably Sabre
· Highly proficient with complex ticketing formats (i.e. Domestic/International)
· Expert knowledge of fare calculations, pricing, processing tickets, refunds and exchanges, working ticketing queues
· Supervise staff to ensure Travel Management Company (TMC) procedures, guidelines and regulations are followed i.e. use of City Pairs and Joint Travel Regulations (JTR)
· Assist staff real time with building and updating Passenger Name Records (PNRs)/profiles, ticketing, fare calculations, queues, invoicing, writing orders or other issues that may arise
· Assists staff with problems that arise and communicate new information to ensure consistent procedures are followed throughout department
· Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively manage personnel assigned and ensure are fully trained on TMC and TDY travel orders
· Interacts with Travelers, Approving Officials and Command leadership
· Responsible for ensuring accurate writing of travel orders (DD 1610), including cost, no cost, fund cites, civilian PCS, order modifications, amendments and Invitation Travel Authorizations (ITA) using a government order writing system
· Reviews travel requests and PNRs to ensure compliance with JTR, Financial Management Regulation (FMR), command policies and TMC regulations
· Ensures appropriate department funding codes, availability of funds and proper signatures authority is on all travel requests
· Keeps management promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance can takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative course of action which may be taken
· Ability to run GDS reports as needed in order to process refunds, reconcile ticket costs, and ensure team is meeting goals
· Must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or one year of experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 position or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector booking, issuing and exchanging international and domestic tickets utilizing a GDS (e.g. Galileo, Sabre, Worldspan, Apollo, and Amadeus).
· Expert Travel industry knowledge and reservation skills in particular while under pressure and short timelines.
· Knowledge of transportation systems, travel arrangements, financial regulations and policies, and associated logistical concerns related to passengers travel to identify, plan, and resolve complex, time-sensitive transportation issues and problems.
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the JTR, FMR, Defense Transportation Management Office (DTMO), U.S. Government Truck and Car Programs, the Fly America Act, and command regulations to meet command mission requirements.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with and gain the cooperation of team members, supervisors, and managers in situations involving complex or controversial issues.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply fact-finding, investigative, and evaluation techniques to issue complex travel requirements.
· Expert knowledge working in a TMC and the required administrative duties.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
· New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
· You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET/SCI clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
· May be required to travel 5% domestically and internationally.
· This position is a Testing Designated Position, and will be subject to random drug testing.
· Must carry the emergency phone after normal business hours on a rotating basis.
· The employee works in an office setting. Normal safety precautions are adequate.
· The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and genetic information, and age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Department of the Navy
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
TravelView all jobs at Department of the Navy