Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Service Atoka, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Operated by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Carl Albert Community Mental Health Center (CACMHC) is a fully accredited 15-bed psychiatric hospital and outpatient clinic. Other CACMHC offices located in Southeastern Oklahoma are—Holdenville Satellite, Heavener Satellite, Hugo Satellite, Idabel Satellite, Stigler Satellite, Atoka Satellite and Ada PACT.
CACMHC is committed to acknowledging and honoring differences in ethnic and other diverse groups of people. The agency recognizes the vital role this plays in the emotional well-being, identity, and therapeutic care of adults, children and families served, and will tolerate nothing less than respectful, thoughtful, empathic attitudes from its employees and consultants.
CACMHC offers rewarding career opportunities for health care professionals in a progressive and dynamic psychiatric care facility and outpatient clinic.
About the Position:
- One (1) vacancy
- Under close supervision, incumbents will primarily perform wellness services within a multi-disciplinary treatment team setting. Wellness Coaches work with consumers to determine their problem areas, identify obstacles, and work with the treatment team to create a plan to achieve their health and wellness goals. Additionally, incumbents will teach clients about eating, healthy exercising properly and the eight domains of wellness. The Wellness Coach will keep clients motivated and on-track to overcome challenges.
- Knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Basic computer skills are required. Knowledge is required of trauma-informed, mental health and/or substance abuse prevention treatment and/or recovery programs or goals; ability to establish an effective, collaborative relationship with a consumer, work effectively with a treatment team and maintain healthy boundaries with consumers.
- This position provides care to a vulnerable population which requires employees to adhere to all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to consumer rights regulations, confidentiality laws, and accreditation requirements associated with this position and field. As such, incumbents should be proactive, detail-oriented, and diligent with protecting consumer information, and possess the ability to understand all laws and regulations regarding consumer rights.
- Incumbent must demonstrate honesty and integrity in their actions and communications regarding issues impacting the organization. Incumbents must demonstrate a commitment to serving the citizens of Oklahoma, including, but not limited to demonstrating compassion in their care of ODMHSAS consumers, focus on achieving positive treatment outcomes, responsible fiscal management, and support for the ODMHSAS mission to serve individuals and families impacted by mental illness and addiction.
- One (1) vacancy
- Announcement is opened from May 11, 2021 to May 19, 2021.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week.
- Annual Salary is $27,500.00 / $13.22 per hour
- Primary Working Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- FLSA Status for this position is Non-Exempt for this Position. EEO Category is Paraprofessional.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates Degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting two years of relevant experience for the required education.
- Has the ability to become a Certified Wellness Coach.
- Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
- A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
- Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
- 11 paid holidays
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
- Student Loan repayment options
- Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Service
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Service