The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) is accepting applications under examining authority of 10 U.S.C. Sec 2164. This announcement is for Teacher (Substitute)/Training Instructor (Substitute) positions located at Fort Rucker, Alabama, for the following schools: Fort Rucker Primary School and Fort Rucker Elementary School.
Learn more about this agency
The Teacher (Substitute)/Training Instructor (Substitute) :
- Replaces the classroom teacher, - Plans, organizes, and presents information and instruction which helps students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development, - Provides instruction which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals, - Interacts effectively with students, co-workers, and parents, - Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed, - Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations, - Follows a plan for professional development, and - Reports to and is supervised by the principal.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
1710 Education And Vocational Training
1712 Training Instruction
#### Similar jobs
- High School English Teachers - Teachers, High School English
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens. - Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement. - All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package. - You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents. - You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R. - Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination. - Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every 5 years.
**Substitute Teacher:** Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants who hold a Bachelor's degree or higher can be considered for and hired for the Teacher (Substitute) position. Please note you must submit a copy of your official transcript (in English). They will earn $10.63 per hour.
**Training Instructor:** Applicants with at least a high school diploma or GED but less than a Bachelor's degree can be considered for and hired for the Training Instructor (Substitute) position. They will earn $9.38 per hour.
Must meet OPM minimum qualification standards to be considered for this position.
- **Substitute Teacher:** Bachelor's degree or higher. - **Training Instructor:** High School Diploma or GED.
### Additional information
This in an inventory of candidates, as such you can submit your application at any time.The first cutoff will be May 15, thereafter the following are the cut-off dates on an as needed basis:
May 31 Jun 15 Jun 30 July 31 August 31 September 30 October 31 November 30
This is a temporary, intermittent, on-call school year position for the 2019-2020 School Year.
- Positions under this announcement will be filled by appointment in the Excepted Service. - The purpose of this position is to provide instructional services to students, grades Kindergarten through 12, as substitute for the regular teacher. - You must be U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position. - All selectees will be subject to a background investigation that must be favorably adjudicated. - This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. - Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
If you are selected for this position and are not a current DoDEA employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-Verify' system. Federal law requires DoDEA to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies within eight (8) Federal government work days as a condition of continued employment.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS:** The Office of Personnel Management has published the end date for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as August 31, 2010. To receive veterans' preference for service during the Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom era, you must have served for more than 180 days between September 11, 2001 and August 31, 2010 OR be in receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. Other qualifying eligibility for preference (e.g., disability) remains unchanged.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements. If you are qualified, you may be selected and appointed to the corresponding position based on the qualifications listed above.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
Please ensure you submit all required documentation applicable to you. Failure to submit the necessary documents can result in your application being deemed as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for the position.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE OPENED IN INTERNET EXPLORER
**DoDEA TEACHER (SUBSTITUTE) OR TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (SUBSTITUTE) APPLICATION CHECKLIST****:**
\_\_\_\_\_ DDESS Substitute Teacher or Training Instructor Application Form, which can be found at: Application Form (https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/upload/application-NEW-17Apr18.pdf) \_\_\_\_\_\_DDESS Substitute Teacher or Training Instructor Geographic Form which can be found at Geographic Form (https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/upload/AM-Geographic-Form-NEW-17-Apr18.pdf) \_\_\_\_\_\_Current resume. Please include: Full name, mailing address, phone numbers, and email. Education: Institution name, city, state, degree type, and date degree attained.Work/Volunteer Experience: Position title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and complete address, supervisor's name and phone number, and position start and end dates.Other Qualifications: Job-related training courses, skills, certificates, and licenses, honors, awards, and special accomplishments. **DO NOT** include in your resume: Social Security Number, photos, and classified information.
**OPTIONAL IF APPLICABLE:** \_\_\_\_\_ Photocopy of all **OFFICIAL** transcripts from an accredited college/university with announcement number stated on them. To receive the maximum allowable credit you must include all transcripts for each degree earned to include any additional courses currently in progress. Any transcripts submitted that are not in English or not official will be removed from the application and will not be considered. (Transcripts must be in English.) \_\_\_\_\_ Copy of current Teaching Certificate, if applicable. (in English) \_\_\_\_\_ DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, Member 4 copy (if applicable). If requesting 10-point Veterans Preference, SF-15 application can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf\_fill/sf15.pdf.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
Your completed application package and ALL required supporting documents must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) by cutoff date or the closing date of this announcement.
### Agency contact information
### DoDEA-Americas Southeast District HR
GA/AL Community Schools 5701 Santa Fe Rd Bldg 11800 Fort Benning, GA 31905 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your complete application is received and the announcement has closed, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532045000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.