Department of Defense Education ActivityFort Buchanan, PR
Posted: over a month ago
Teacher (SUBSTITUTE) ====================
##### Department of Defense
Department of Defense Education Activity
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/13/2019 to 12/31/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$14.53 to $17.25 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
Temporary - 30 JUN 2020
- ##### Work schedule
Many vacancies in the following location:
Fort Buchanan, PR
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) is currently accepting applications under examining authority of 10 U.S.C., Section 2164. This vacancy announcement is for Substitute Teacher positions located Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico to include the following school: Antilles Elementary School, Antilles Middle School and Antilles High School.
This announcement may be used for the purpose of filling multiple temporary, intermittent, on-call seasonal positions for School Year 2019-2020.
Learn more about this agency
The Substitute Teacher/Training Instructor:
- Replaces the classroom teacher, - Plans, organizes, and presents information and instruction which helps students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development, - Provides instruction which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals, - Interacts effectively with students, co-workers, and parents, - Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed, - Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations, - Follows a plan for professional development, and - Reports to and is supervised by the principal.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
1710 Education And Vocational Training
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens. - Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement. - All requirements must be met at time of appointment. You are advised to submit your documents promptly as part of your application package. - You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents. - You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R. - Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination. - Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability determination and favorable re-investigation every five years.
Applicants who are Certified teachers will be hired as a Level 1 Sub - $17.25 per hour Applicants with a Bachelor's Degree will be hired as a Level 2 Sub - $15.38 per hour Applicants with at least 60 semester hours or an Associate's Degree will be hired as a Level 3 Sub - $14.53 per hour
Must meet OPM minimum qualification standards to be considered for this position. **Substitute Teacher:** Applicants who are Certified teachers will be hired as a Level 1 Substitute Applicants with a Bachelor's Degree will be hired as a Level 2 Substitute Applicants with at least 60 semester hours or an Associate's Degree will be hired as a Level 3 Substitute
### Additional information
Additional Information: This in an inventory of candidates, as such you can submit your application at any time.
Cut-off dates are on an as needed basis on: June 28 July 31 Aug 30 Sept 30 Oct 31 Nov 27 Closing date
This is a temporary, intermittent, on-call school year position for the 2019-2020 School Year but may be extended to the 2019-2020 School Year.
- Positions under this announcement will be filled by appointment in the Excepted Service. - The purpose of this position is to provide instructional services to students, grades Kindergarten through 12, as substitute for the regular teacher. - You must be U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position. - All selectees will be subject to a background investigation that must be favorably adjudicated. - This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. - Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
If you are selected for this position and are not a current DoDEA employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-Verify' system. Federal law requires DoDEA to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies within eight (8) Federal government work days as a condition of continued employment.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS:** The Office of Personnel Management has published the end date for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) as August 31, 2010. To receive veterans' preference for service during the Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom era, you must have served for more than 180 days between September 11, 2011 and August 31, 2010 OR be in receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal. Other qualifying eligibility for preference (e.g., disability) remains unchanged.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements. If you are qualified, you may be selected and appointed to the corresponding position based on the qualifications listed above.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
Please ensure you upload all required documentation applicable to you. Failure to upload the necessary documents can result in your application being deemed as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for the position.
**REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:** \_\_\_\_\_\_DODEA Substitute Teacher Application Form which can be found at: Application Form (https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/upload/application-NEW-17Apr18.pdf) - **Please use this link** \_\_\_\_\_\_DODEA Americas Substitute Teacher Geographic Form which can be found at Geographic Form (https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/upload/AM-Geographic-Form-NEW-17-Apr18.pdf) - **Please use this link** \_\_\_\_\_\_Current resume. Please include: Full name, mailing address, phone numbers, and email. Education: Institution name, city, state, degree type, and date degree attained. Work/Volunteer Experience: Position title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and complete address, supervisor's name and phone number, and position start and end dates. Other Qualifications: Job-related training courses, skills, certificates, and licenses, honors, awards, and special accomplishments. DO NOT include in your resume: Social Security Number, photos, and classified information. (Resume must be in English) \_\_\_\_\_ Photocopy of all **OFFICIAL** transcripts, front and back, from an accredited college/university with announcement number stated on them. To receive the maximum allowable credit you must include all OFFICIAL transcripts for each degree earned to include any additional courses currently in progress. Any transcripts submitted that are not in English or not official will be removed from the application and will not be considered. (Transcripts must be in English.)
**OPTIONAL, IF APPLICABLE:** \_\_\_\_\_ Copy of current Teaching Certificate, if applicable. (in English) \_\_\_\_\_ DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, Member 4 copy (if applicable). If requesting 10-point Veterans Preference, SF-15 application can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf\_fill/sf15.pdf.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
**Your completed application package and ALL required supporting documents must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time (CT) by cut off or the closing date of this announcement.**
Please ensure you submit all required documentation applicable to you. Failure to submit the necessary documents can result in your application being deemed as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for the position.
### Agency contact information
### Mid-Atlantic HRO
DoDEA Mid-Atlantic District P.O. Box 70089 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your complete application is received and the announcement has closed, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536557900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.