We are seeking a Psychiatric Physician Assistant Or Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our team! You will focus on providing high quality outpatient patient care as part of a team.
- Office hours: Mon - Thu 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-12pm
- No weekends / no nights
- Scheduled admin time
- No or very limited call component
- Competitive pay & bonus opportunities
- Benefits offered
- Performs a comprehensive mental health assessment, including health history; necessary physical exams, screening tests, substance use/abuse assessment, etc.; identifies medical and behavioral health risks and needs.
- Appropriately seeks consultation from psychiatrist responsible for direct clinical oversight.
- Formulates the appropriate diagnosis based on clinical evaluation.
- Performs counseling within the scope of clinical practice.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include medical management strategies, including prescription of medications. Includes obtaining and maintaining prescriptive authority per Colorado State Board Medical Examiner regulations.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the medication and treatment plan.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates positive behavior, attitude, and commitment as documented by supervising physician, patient satisfaction surveys, and feedback from other personnel.
- Demonstrates positive teamwork, cooperative efforts, prompt and attentive service to patients and colleagues.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Licensed to practice in CO or eligible for licensure
- DEA license
- Education: Graduation from an accredited educational program for Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioner and successful completion of certification.
- All Certifications and Licenses required for this job must be kept current as a condition of continued employment.