Join our team as a vision therapist and help others with reading, confidence and more!
This is an entry level position- we will train you!
We get incredible results helping people with reading problems and academic struggles. We help people of all ages, including special needs, ADD/ADHD, post-concussion and autism. A vision therapist has a significant and lasting impact on the academic, athletic and overall success of the patients that they treat! This position is very rewarding and perfect for a lifelong learner. If you enjoy working with and helping people, then our practice may be a terrific fit for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION: A vision therapist works with children and adults, training and coaching them to improve their vision skills. It's like physical therapy for your eyes and your brain, teaching them how to work together. We work with people of all ages including patients with special needs, ADHD, post-concussion and autism.
Statements from our vision therapists:
“I love what I do; I’m well trained by a great boss!”
"I have always wanted to do something where I can make a difference. Being a vision therapist allows me to help people change their lives, and that is the most rewarding job I could ask for."
Hired applicant will participate in a comprehensive training program: Initial training involves learning administrative skills to answer phone, schedule appointments and help with front desk work.
Progression toward direct patient care with testing and therapy when the level of skill and comfort is attained, below is a brief overview of our training timeline:
First month consists of training through observation and study.
Within the first 3 months you transition to direct patient care.
After 6 months you take on advanced cases.
After two years you can become a certified vision therapist.
A qualified applicant MUST have:
• A Cover Letter submitted with Resume
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (High School diploma required)
• Experience working with children, those with special needs, and/or the public
• Excellent verbal and written communication ability
• Strong interpersonal skills with children and adults
• Interest and willingness to learn about the visual system
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Other helpful experience (not required) includes a background in education, psychology, biology, or in the medical field.
• Full-time (35-40 hours per week). Please note that evening hours (as late as 6:30 PM) and working a few days a week from our satellite office near Golden, CO are required.
• Starting salary $16.00/hour. Raises given based on performance. Earning potential in this position is $20/hour with full mastery.
• Benefits include medical, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, and bonus based on production. Also optometrist care.
• Our main office is in the Highlands area of Denver, near downtown. Parking is an included benefit.
If you are interested, respond to this ad by sending a COVER LETTER and RESUME. Applicants lacking a cover letter will not be considered.